Any Other Nerds..

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
waiting for an untethered jailbreak for their 4.2.1 iphone?

been checking every 3 hours, since i had to restore my phone back in december, when itunes updated me from 4.1 (which sucked that they dont give you an option)

seems to be awfully close.
i need my cracked apps back!

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I'm going to be switching from shitberry to iphone soon and I'm a little unfamiliar with exactly what a jailbroken phone enables you to do. I know it allows for certain apps that aren't supported by the iphone OS, but what are the real benefits of doing this beyond that? does it null the warranty if you do it?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    you can back it up and restore it like an ipod and theres no trace the phone was jailbroken. but yeah apple wont mess with a jailbroken phone.

theres a lot more freedoms when its jailbroken. you can customize every aspect of your phone. apple limits their products so you cant do much outside of what they offer. a jailbreak dos away with all that.

• akaaka 67 Posts
    The biggest advantage for me is SBSettings, a little popup window that allows you to control some common settings (WiFi, push mail, airplane, brightness) without having to plow through the iPhone's settings feature every time. You can also add more (like turning off vibrate while on silent). Having 5 items on the dock doesn't hurt, either.

For those of us who jailbroke before and didn't update some thingy, we're untethered in 4.2.1.

*edit: Plus you can change your incoming text sound! I've got the Law & Order "chung chung".

• aka said:
    *edit: Plus you can change your incoming text sound! I've got the Law & Order "chung chung".

haha, that's awesome! my incoming is primo's radio edit ray-gun sound.

Untethered Jailbreak for 4.2 has been releases by greenpois0n. finally/
    i dont even remember what kinda shit i had on my phone though

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, I jailbroke my iPad; about time. I had it broken for months but I wanted to upgrade to 4.2 so I was willing to let go of the benefits, assuming it'd just be a matter of weeks until someone had an untethered option but it took a lot longer than I would have thought.

About to upgrade my iphone and re-break it.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    does it allow bluetooth file sending?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    can someone poast a link or guide to this so i can jailbreak my girlfriend's phone without breaking it. ty

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ok since you guys were no help i went along and jailbroke my gf's phone.
    since i'm once again too lazy to look anywhere else, recommended tether apps besides mywi?

why not mywi?

Cydia > Manage > Sources > Edit > Add>sinfuliphonerepo.com

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oh i just didnt know if there was anything better out there or not.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    If I jailbreak my phone can i change my data plan to something cheaper? i don't have a contract any more.