Compacto Edition Vol 2 (Brazilian 7" Mix)

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Hey all,

It's been quite some time since I posted a mix. Here's the second edition of mixes combining my two loves into one... Brazilian records and 45s. Technically, Brazilian singles play at 33 rpm, but let's just say 45 for naming sake. 1 hour of rare Samba, Bossa Nova, MPB, Soul, Funk and Psych singles from Brazil. Some exclusive to singles and some LP tracks, but all dope!

Download Forty Fivan Compacto Edition Vol 2

Tracklisting
Ely - As Turbinas Estao Ligadas
Quarteto Nova Era - De Repente
Orlandivo - Tem De Ser
Helio Matheus - Eu, Reu, Me Condeno
Jorge Ben - Waimea 55,000
Modulo 1000 - Isto Nao Quer Dizer Nada
Joao Luiz - Sambare
Maria Alcina - Fio Maravilha
Milton Nascimento - Cade
Grupo Manifesto - Bloco da Vida
Guttemberg Guarabaya - O Que e Que Houve?
Tim Maia - Reu Confesso
Papa Indiano - Colar de Ouro
Claudia - Eu Nao Sou Causa, Sou Consequencia
Rosa Maria - Rio da Felicidade
Jose Roberto - Criola Multicolorida
Bebeto - Lua Nova
Carlos Thiago - Cabiceira
Wal Sant'ana - O Viajante
Trio Ternura - Filhos de Zambi
Quinteto Ternura - Baby
Matheus - Yemanja
Paulinho - E Natural

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    word up Ivan! thanks for this!

• can i request a smaller bitrate version? like 160kbps?
    liking this mix, but i tend to delete mixes when they are in 320 cuz they take up too much space

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    djsheep said:

Thanks Bevan! Guess who I kicked it with on Monday night? Your boy Michi. I totally forgot he was gonna be in SF for one night on a layover back to Tokyo. I was all ready for a quiet night when he called saying he was in the city. We went out for some drinks and then he said he wanted to see some American women so I took him to the strip club... I think he was a little disappointed at the level of service :ehhx2:

wyzewayz said:
    can i request a smaller bitrate version? like 160kbps?
    liking this mix, but i tend to delete mixes when they are in 320 cuz they take up too much space

Sure thing... I can do that when I get home from work. I also posted it on SoundCloud to stream.

Forty Fivan Compacto Edition Vol 2 by fortyfivan

• :feelin_it:

great mix, as always.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Fogo pura!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    loving this
    i did no know that quinteto ternura had a compacto

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    FortyFivan said:
    djsheep said:

Thanks Bevan! Guess who I kicked it with on Monday night? Your boy Michi. I totally forgot he was gonna be in SF for one night on a layover back to Tokyo. I was all ready for a quiet night when he called saying he was in the city. We went out for some drinks and then he said he wanted to see some American women so I took him to the strip club... I think he was a little disappointed at the level of service :ehhx2:

OH SCHITT! Michi making moves to the big ol' US... that's so fresh you took care of him. I hope you took him to Mitchell Brothers though! That was my spot when I used to kick it out there, my roomate used to strip there too... Oh, you'll never guess what I found the other day too, that freakin' thing I jacked from that spot in Shibuya! hahaha... I can't believe that thing ended up all the way Down Under....

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    lovin the mix.

djsheep said:
    FortyFivan said:
    djsheep said:

OH SCHITT! Michi making moves to the big ol' US... that's so fresh you took care of him. I hope you took him to Mitchell Brothers though! That was my spot when I used to kick it out there, my roomate used to strip there too... Oh, you'll never guess what I found the other day too, that freakin' thing I jacked from that spot in Shibuya! hahaha... I can't believe that thing ended up all the way Down Under....

Haha... yes! They're coming after you! There were definitely a few winners in that bunch :shh:

I'm sure Michi would have loved Mitchell Brothers, but even I'm a bit too timid for that place. I took him to the Gold Club, which was clearly too classy for his tastes! We had a good time, though. We pretended that he was my business partner from Tokyo and he was in town for one night only to close a big secret business deal. They all bought it... that is, until we refused to pay any of them for a lapdance

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    This has made the work day flow nicely, thank you sir.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    wyzewayz said:

If you have iTunes, you can resample the MP3 and delete the larger file.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    djsheep said:

wyzewayz said:

Here it is at 128... nice and compact... o!

http://www.fortyfivan.com/Compacto2_128.mp3

PS - Time to step your hard drive game up :cheese:

• Nice mix man! I hadn't heard that Matheus tune before - wow! the percussion break reminds me a lot of the IRP-3 tune Tema de Soninha.

Quinteto Ternura have a few 7"s, the other one of theirs I like a lot is called "Linda Manha" - I can't find a rip of it anywhere, but I did include it in this mix if anybody wishes to check it out.

*edit* ripped the Quinteto Ternura at home this weekend:

Quinteto Ternura - Linda Manha by DJ_Mario2