PRINCE @ MSG

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
... tickets copped for the final show. I think I'm going to cry.

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Cos,

When is the show, and are any more tickets available? Wifey and I would love to see His Royal Badness in concert.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Cos,

When is the show, and are any more tickets available? Wifey and I would love to see His Royal Badness in concert.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Dude, it's Tuesday the 18th. You guys gotta go. I paid heavy for it but fuck it man, sometimes you just gotta do that. I've never seen him. And I've never been to The Garden, so it's kind of win / win. And apparently these shows have been ELECTRIC. Check out the set list from the last show

The Beautiful Ones
    Let's Go Crazy
    Delirious
    Little Red Corvette
    Uptown
    Raspberry Beret
    Cream
    Cool (The Time cover)
    Let's Work
    U Got the Look
    The ? Of U
    Purple Rain
    Encore:
    Kiss
    She's Always in My Hair
    If I Was Your Girlfriend
    (With Janelle Monae)
    Piano Medley
    Condition Of The Heart
    Do Me, Baby
    I Wanna Be Your Lover
    How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore
    Sometimes It Snows in April
    Encore 2:
    Jungle Love (The Time cover) (With Cyndi Lauper and Egypt Sherrod)

I mean... REALLY?
    :face_melt:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:

Condition Of The Heart
    :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I saw him during his marathon stint at the O2 Arena a couple of years ago. For a variety of reasons - cancellations, illness, prior engagements - I'd missed every one of his UK visits since the cancelled UK debut at the Dominion Theatre with the Time and Vanity 6 in 1982, and had almost given up hope of ever seeing him perform. It was the best show I've ever seen.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Cos,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Dude, it's Tuesday the 18th. You guys gotta go. I paid heavy for it but fuck it man, sometimes you just gotta do that. I've never seen him. And I've never been to The Garden, so it's kind of win / win. And apparently these shows have been ELECTRIC. Check out the set list from the last show

The Beautiful Ones
    Let's Go Crazy
    Delirious
    Little Red Corvette
    Uptown
    Raspberry Beret
    Cream
    Cool (The Time cover)
    Let's Work
    U Got the Look
    The ? Of U
    Purple Rain
    Encore:
    Kiss
    She's Always in My Hair
    If I Was Your Girlfriend
    (With Janelle Monae)
    Piano Medley
    Condition Of The Heart
    Do Me, Baby
    I Wanna Be Your Lover
    How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore
    Sometimes It Snows in April
    Encore 2:
    Jungle Love (The Time cover) (With Cyndi Lauper and Egypt Sherrod)

I mean... REALLY?

Good lookin', Cos!!! It's on and poppin', bro!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Condition Of The Heart
    :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

I know, right? I mean, come on...

DocMcCoy said:
    It was the best show I've ever seen.

That's pretty much what everybody I know has said. Can't express my excitement. I didn't tell wifey, but going to surprise her that night. "Honey, I have something I need your help with in Manhattan..."

tickets - 100, 200, or what?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Bout 250 for 2 in the nosebleeds. Fuck it.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    If I Was Your Girlfriend
    (With Janelle Monae)
    Sometimes it snows in april

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Saw him at MSG in '04 and it was hands down the best show I've ever been to

I don't think there's another living performer who can touch him

Going to see Sade in LA this August, who probably tops my list of acts that I haven't seen yet.

faux_rillz said:
    Sade probably tops my list of acts that I haven't seen yet.

Friday June 24 2011
    EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - IZOD CENTER, USA

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Not to mention Sheila E coming out and doing Glamorous Life -- super craze.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ho. Lee. Schitt.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Lovesexy in 88 at Wembley Arena. Batman in 89 (?) again at Wembley.
    Lovesexy tour... jaw-dropping. It's not a concert. It's a SHOW. Not that it needs to be said, but the guy is a genius.

Hey,

Wifey and I caught 'His Royal Badness" last night at MSG, and the show was off-the-chain. Prince is an amazing performer, and cotdamn, can the cat play that axe!!! I often wonder why he isn't mentioned among the great guitarists. It was one of the greatest performances I have ever seen.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Cosmo said:
    Ho. Lee. Schitt.

That's all we get?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Wifey and I caught 'His Royal Badness" last night at MSG, and the show was off-the-chain. Prince is an amazing performer, and cotdamn, can the cat play that axe!!! I often wonder why he isn't mentioned among the great guitarists. It was one of the greatest performances I have ever seen.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo P we made it at the last minute... Oh lord that was crazy but we got in. Fucking amazing dude, right?? I'm sorry we missed you - I really would have liked to link up but I'm glad you had a good time.

B/W

Top Ten Dead Or Alive in the guitarist world. No question to me.

B/W

Prince performing AnotherLoverHoleInYoHead made me turn into a woman for a moment. Or maybe when he played Adore.

B/W

I'm not religious - quite the opposite. I've never been to church. I don't believe in god. But when he did Purple Rain... it was without question, soul shattering. Is that what it's like when people go to church and catch "The Spirit?" There was something that moved in me.

B/W

Prince did Sylvester "Dance Disco Heat" hahah...

B/W

Still digesting it all. It was the finest performance I have ever seen in my life by leaps and bounds.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Setlist. Dude came out with Kiss. Like FUCK IT.

Kiss
    Take Me With U
    U Need Another Lover Like U Need A Hole In Your Head
    Shhhhh
    Controversy
    Musicology
    Which Way Is Up (Stargard Cover)
    Controversy
    Raspberry Beret
    Cream
    Cool (The Time cover)
    Let's Work
    U Got the Look
    Arms Of The Angels (Sarah McLachlan cover)
    I Love U, but I Don't Trust U Anymore
    She's Always in My Hair
    Welcome 2 America
    Purple Rain
    Encore:
    A Love Bizarre (Sheila E. cover)
    If I Was Your Girlfriend
    Insatiable
    Scandalous
    Adore
    Encore 2:
    Dance (Disco Heat) (Sylvester cover)
    Baby I'm a Star
    Encore 3:
    Let's Go Crazy
    Delirious
    Peach

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    AnotherLoverHoleInYoHead made me turn into a woman for a moment.

Prince has often said that the only song he was ever really happy with off the 'Parade' album was 'Kiss'. However, 'Anotherloverholeinyouhead' is a very strong song (along with Sometimes It Snows In April) and for my 2c I think is as good as 'Kiss'

Cosmo said:
    :feelin_it:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Setlist. Dude came out with Kiss. Like FUCK IT.

Kiss
    Take Me With U
    U Need Another Lover Like U Need A Hole In Your Head
    Shhhhh
    Controversy
    Musicology
    Controversy
    Raspberry Beret
    Cream
    Cool (The Time cover)
    Let's Work
    U Got the Look
    Arms Of The Angels (Sarah McLachlan cover)
    I Love U, but I Don't Trust U Anymore
    She's Always in My Hair
    Welcome 2 America
    Purple Rain
    Encore:
    A Love Bizarre (Sheila E. cover)
    If I Was Your Girlfriend
    Insatiable
    Scandalous
    Adore
    Encore 2:
    Dance (Disco Heat) (Sylvester cover)
    Baby I'm a Star
    Encore 3:
    Let's Go Crazy
    Delirious
    Peach

Ho Lee Schitt indeed...

• batmon said:
    Cosmo said:
    :feelin_it:

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    ... tickets copped Friday for the newly-added final show. I think I'm going to cry.

Cotdamn that setlist looks incredible. Probably more excited for this show (2/7 @ MSG) then any show I've ever been too. Thanks for hyping these shows up Cosmo, don't know if I would've gotten it together w/o you and my other dude on facebook going on about them.

Anyone catch Sharon Jones? Opening for Prince at MSG has gotta be among the biggest shows they've done right?

Cosmo said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo P we made it at the last minute... Oh lord that was crazy but we got in. Fucking amazing dude, right?? I'm sorry we missed you - I really would have liked to link up but I'm glad you had a good time.

B/W

B/W

Prince performing AnotherLoverHoleInYoHead made me turn into a woman for a moment. Or maybe when he played Adore.

B/W

I'm not religious - quite the opposite. I've never been to church. I don't believe in god. But when he did Purple Rain... it was without question, soul shattering. Is that what it's like when people go to church and catch "The Spirit?" There was something that moved in me.

B/W

B/W

Still digesting it all. It was the finest performance I have ever seen in my life by leaps and bounds.

Hey Cos,

Yes, I was straight up like an awe-struck groupie when he led in to "Adore." I had to dust off my old falsetto and join in. One of two rather 'effeminate-sounding' fellows sitting beside wifey and I was pleased with my rendering :lol: (along with the high part on "Purple Rain"). I was impressed by the Stargard and Sylvester joints as well, and those backup singers were the truth (not to mention the 'Twins'). Most of all, I was truly impressed by how wide a cross-section of fans that Prince attracted to see his show. Folks truly came from all walks of life from b-boys, to potheads, soccer moms, punk rockers, headbangers, suit-and-tie businessmen, and even some old folks of various races and ethnicities. It was great to see all kinds of people come to enjoy a true living legend do his thing. And shit, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings did their thing too, very entertaining. She must have a hell of a personal trainer, as that old lady can move her ass.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Unherd said:
    Anyone catch Sharon Jones? Opening for Prince at MSG has gotta be among the biggest shows they've done right?

Saw her over New Years. Straight killed it. Their live show is strong.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Unherd said:

Saw her over New Years. Straight killed it. Their live show is strong.

Yeah, they've done it right every time I've seen them, especially at the Apollo. But these were mostly like free gigs in the park, not muhfuggin **Prince at MSG**. Really happy for those guys..

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Cosmo said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

B/W

B/W

B/W

B/W

B/W

Hey Cos,

Yes, I was straight up like a awe-struck groupie when he led in to "Adore." I had to dust off my old falsetto and join in. One of two rather 'effeminate-sounding' fellows sitting beside wifey and I was pleased with my rendering :lol: (along with the high part on "Purple Rain"). I was impressed by the Stargard and Sylvester joints as well, and those backup singers were the truth (not to mention the 'Twins'). Most of all, I was truly impressed by how wide a cross-section of fans that Prince attracted to see his show. Folks truly came from all walks of life from b-boys, to potheads, soccer moms, punk rockers, headbangers, suit-and-tie businessmen, and even some old folks of various races and ethnicities. It was great to see all kinds of people come to enjoy a true living legend do his thing. And shit, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings did their thing too, very entertaining. She must have a hell of a personal trainer, as that old lady can move her ass.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

STACKS!

Just want to give you a high five!

My man...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Just should have made this correction in the setlist

Cosmo said:

A Love Bizarre (Sheila E. cover) feat. Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings

Cosmo said:
    Just should have made this correction in the setlist

Cosmo said:

A Love Bizarre (Sheila E. cover) feat. Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings

Hey Cos,

:necessary: Seeing all those different people come together to enjoy the Prince concert was bittersweet, as it shows what America SHOULD be like (versus what it actually is like). Thanks for the 'high five', and back at you, mane!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I want Prince to come to SF or somewhere close to me.
    I need to see this..