Delay

Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Looking for a new effects unit for delay...I've been using the Boss SP-303 for a while now, but the delay effect sucks- sampling time too short, no way to program tempo into the effect etc.I want one that is either a foot unit or has the option for a foot switch and a nice long sampling time, like a full bar of music at a slow tempo.I've been checking the Line 6, maybe Kaoss II (I think it can use a foot switch).Any suggestions?

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

Any suggestions?

sure, be more specific with your thread title. Thought you were talking about my homeboy for a second.

Anyway, wasnt DJ Radar trying to patent a sampler/footpedal? whatever happened with that?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Line 6 makes a nice delay pedal. A shit load of delay effects and 14 seconds of looping with over dub. I had one for a while but sold it during tough times.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    You should check out that one
    DDG-X2
    I don't really know what's that ish... can do...

I think I'm gonna buy that one
    DWG-X1

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    You should check out that one
    DDG-X2
    I don't really know what's that ish... can do...

That looks pretty solid, anybody know about foot switch capabilities w/ it?

How about sampling time?

Any other suggestions?

I know a lot of y'all are using em...

• ibanez ad-80. nothing comes close for the price. boss dd-3 and dd-5 are real easy to find cheap, but sound a little too robotic in my experience. analog delay is really the move.

kaoss pads are horrible. good luck.

oh, and that line 6 sounds like shit.

ibanez ad-80. nothing comes close for the price. boss dd-3 and dd-5 are real easy to find cheap, but sound a little too robotic in my experience. analog delay is really the move.

kaoss pads are horrible. good luck.

oh, and that line 6 sounds like shit.

Thanks, I'll look into that. And I'm glad to hear a definitive "No" to the Kaoss and Line 6, I won't waste my time.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i heard those line 6's crap out in no time.. the casing is plastic and the switches can punch through... that and the thing suppossedly randomises accross settings sometimes

peep harmonycentral if you need more horror stories

ive got a kaos and yes indeedy it is no more than a toy ... it can be fun on the occasional mix but i'd never use it to record or play an instrument through.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    The Elecro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man.

I dont care what the consensus is, the delays on the KAOSS 2 are good too.

An ofcourse, eternal props to the grandmaster of delay:

• An ofcourse, eternal props to the grandmaster of delay:

gets no doper. stein. . .