Who’s that guy? FUNK on German TV shows

2»

Comments

• spcspc 534 Posts

Klaro! Hoffentlich ist noch was ??brig bis ich komme (Letze Woche in Schwetzingen hast du gottseidank zwei gute House 12" stehen lassen

Maxis interessieren mich ??berhaupt nicht,

wenn Du willst, bring Ich morgen eine 3 EURO Maxikiste f??r Dich mit,
    die hier schon 1 Jahr auf dem Regal steht!

Klingt gut!

Ich kauf mir dann lieber SOUL BEAT ungespielt von Charly Antolini f??r 2,- EURO (heute)

Irgendwie mache ich was falsch

• Irgendwie mache ich was falsch

Da darf Ich Dich an den Anfang mit dem klein Anfangen erinnern :-))

Aber wir k??nnen das ja morgen bequatschen,
    Ich leg mich erstmal pennen, hab durchgemacht und wollte auf ??nem schlechten Flohmarkt verkaufen,

naja, hab eben ca. 40 singles gekauft (etliche James Brown, Vicky Anderson etc.) und die anderen Platten mit u.a. SOUL BEAT (die hab ich fr??her viel zu billig verkauft z.B.), eingenommen daf??r grade mal die Standgeb??hr,

aber IMMERHIN :-)

Wir sehen uns also morgen -

Tsch??ss dann mal
    Seb

• I love Germany. I've been to Cologne this summer for the Leger/Beckman expo and I have to say I like that city. It's kind of ugly but how do you get a big city to be so chilled out? I sort of came to my senses. Can't say I like your TV shows though... and I didn't hear any funk on it. Even worse then where I am. And wow, is that city gay. Real low testosterone-level, retro all the way, bare electronic beats in clubs, very little attitude problems, weird fashion. I loved it. I found decent records too (some kraut samplers). Maybe I should re-locate.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I love Germany. I'v been to Cologne this summer for the Leger/Beckman expo and I have to say I like that city. It's kind of ugly but how do you get a big city to be so chilled out? I sort of came to my senses. Can't say I like your TV shows though... and I didn't hear any funk on it.

I haven't watched TV for 1-2 years now, that says it all

• Well, to be fair: I got to see all these American and Italian B-movies thanks to late night programming in Germany (we receive some German channels). Everybody I know got into (the better) B-movies this way. At the age of 12 I would have sworn that Clint Eastwood and Don Siegel were Germans because you guys dub everything.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Well, to be fair: I got to see all these American and Italian B-movies thanks to late night programming in Germany (we receive some German channels). Everybody I know got into (the better) B-movies this way. At the age of 12 I would have sworn that Clint Eastwood and Don Siegel were Germans because you guys dub everything.
    B-movies! I love them! There should be a section here which discusses b-movies with funky soundtracks! Anyone else in for something like that?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    TAKE THAT SHIT TO BLAXPLOITATION.COM THAT IS!

Some people at Vinyl Vulture are OST experts. Especially the-eman (he is the owner of Blaxploi.com, right?)

I love German televison at night. So many good movies. There were St. Pauli Nights at the NDR once. Loved it!!!Plus they used to have Blaxploitation nights at the private channels like Tele5. I'm still surprised that they dubbed movies like Cleopatra Jones and Black Gestapo!

• There's no end to what you can see on German television after 00:00. They are low on horror though. I liked the Jerry Cotton nights that were on a while ago. It's hilarious but actually quite smart how they imply it's all shot in the states. Funny how your brain works. You see a Chevrolet Impala with some second unit stuff projected in the rear and voila, you're in the states.

(I know the guy himself drives a Jaguar).

Yeah, all those films with funky soundtracks, they'll play at night in your country. I'm a soundtrack nut so any thread that'll deal with soundtracks I am likely to contribute to.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Krautbreaks on top again! Is that your VHS colection? Is that an original Schulm??dchen Report LP or is it a movie???

• Ha, we had that Black Power label in Holland too. Maybe it is even a Dutch label catering to germany as well? They released stuff that's not even on the IMDB. Black movies so obscure, I can't believe it. Their cover designs are pretty lurid.

• Krautbreaks on top again! Is that your VHS colection? Is that an original Schulm??dchen Report LP or is it a movie???

Only 6 out of about 10.000

Schulm??dchen Report is the SUPER 8 version my latest addiction -sigh-

Salut
    Seb

Ps. Was machnen die B??rsen ?

• Ha, we had that Black Power label in Holland too. Maybe it is even a Dutch label catering to germany as well? They released stuff that's not even on the IMDB. Black movies so obscure, I can't believe it. Their cover designs are pretty lurid.

It??s distributed by WESTMINSTER label which released a ton of other horror/action/blaxplo stuff pretty rare in Germany because of small quantity releases!

As the synchro is all in German you can be sure to laugh your ass off about :-))

Salut
    Seb

• spcspc 534 Posts

Irgendwie mache ich was falsch

Da darf Ich Dich an den Anfang mit dem klein Anfangen erinnern :-))

Aber wir k??nnen das ja morgen bequatschen,
    Ich leg mich erstmal pennen, hab durchgemacht und wollte auf ??nem schlechten Flohmarkt verkaufen,

naja, hab eben ca. 40 singles gekauft (etliche James Brown, Vicky Anderson etc.) und die anderen Platten mit u.a. SOUL BEAT (die hab ich fr??her viel zu billig verkauft z.B.), eingenommen daf??r grade mal die Standgeb??hr,

aber IMMERHIN :-)

Wir sehen uns also morgen -

Tsch??ss dann mal
    Seb

Warst du nicht da? Ich war von 8 - 9 Uhr da, hab dich aber nicht gesehen.

• spcspc 534 Posts

Only 6 out of about 10.000

10.000 !!!

Krass!

Ich hoffe da sind viele B-Movies dabei