christmas alone

jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
who else is spending the day by themselves? stand up! all of my fam is elsewhere at the moment so i will spend the day listening to some records, drinkin' and eating. sounds good to me!

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Yep.

It's no big deal, I can't stand Christmas.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn Jams... that sucks man. I hope you have an awesome day, but I would be bummed out if I couldn't spend Christmas with the whole fam, and also I have this thing where I always heat up some brandy and set the pudding on fire. Also, staying home eating, drinking and listening to records does sound cool though too!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Get some hookers.

PS 99.9% JK. Keep your chin up and have some fun.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Get some hookers.

PS 99.9% JK. Keep your chin up and have some fun.

what better way to celebrate the birth of christ than by hiring the services of some working girls.
    the_non, you rule.

• I'm always solo for Christmas. Me and the Chinese dudes eat noodles, and I watch movies. Its the vacation I always wanted, with none of the option to take it.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    jammy said:
    who else is spending the day by themselves? stand up! all of my fam is elsewhere at the moment so i will spend the day listening to some records, drinkin' and eating. sounds good to me!

I bet you anything that "fun" will find you on Christmas. Since you're not expecting it, watch this be a Christmas to remember. Either way, enjoy yourself & be safe. Merry Christmas bro!!

• I got vital gastroenteritis.

so yeah, I'm be alone prolly.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Drinking alone right now. All good. Holidays are really not a big deal with me.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Gonna go visit mom tomorrow, but Christmas no longer means anything to me.

Good riddance American consumer traditions.

- spidey

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I got vital gastroenteritis.

it's vital son ;)

feel better.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Spend the last 7 hours in a train and travelled 120km so far. Was stuck for 4 hours. Then we travelled back to the starting point. I could have spend the day with my family and while i am not technically alone (there's ppl in the train) i do feel like. Railways are effed over here.

• My Wife and Son are in Tokyo and I'm here freezing all alone in the UK :(
    Went to my mums for lunch which was nice but home alone now.
    Hey its only one day, the rest of the week will be spent recovering from hangovers and then doing it all again the next day.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Saw my fam last night - but Christmas is a learned custom for us. Getting together, eating and drinking happens all year round. The gifts are just a way for my Mom to say "Why don't you have this in your house?" and/or "You need this!". This happens all year round, too. :/

Today, I am solo - first Christmas on my own in a very long time. It's fine, though I might feel the pain of breaking a long-standing habit as the day goes on.

I'll just have to start my own tradition that takes advantage of everyone having the same day off!

• behemoth said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

it's vital son ;)

feel better.

thanks dude.

• girlfriend is with her family in disneyworld.
    parents are in savannah, GA.
    sister, brother in law and nephew and niece are in tokyo.

i'd say i was alone on christmas, but i've got a bottle of jamesons, playstation 3 and my lil homey right here.....

• my homie couldn't make it back to the Pitt for xmas so i'm about to roll over to his lonesome spot with weed and another bottle of Raer Eagle.

that's how it would go down, jammy.

• rootlesscosmo said:

I have been at the hospital with my wife since wednesday. Gallstones which turned into pancreatitis related. Pancreatitis is some painful shit, worse than child birth according to my wife and they can't do shit to fix it, they just have to wait for it to calm down. Our 5 month old daughter is at home with my parents and mother in law. This christmas fucking sucks.

Thank Goodness for small mercies that you have family near-by to take care of little girl. Not too much I can say to lighten the load and pain, but I do hope your wife has a fast and relatively easy recovery. I wish you all the best...and several fingers' worth of excellent bourbon soon.

• CousinLarry said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

I have been at the hospital with my wife since wednesday. Gallstones which turned into pancreatitis related. Pancreatitis is some painful shit, worse than child birth according to my wife and they can't do shit to fix it, they just have to wait for it to calm down. Our 5 month old daughter is at home with my parents and mother in law. This christmas fucking sucks.

here's wishing her a full and speedy recovery!

• ran out of jameson. all I have left is Bombay or Alize..... what would soulstrut do?

Cripes. That sounds like a headache in the morning no matter what. I'm waiting for some of my boys to get here...Oban or 18yr Jameson - got my own decisions to make lol

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    it turned out to be a great day even though it felt nothing like xmas normally does which aint a bad thing. i hope everyone had a good one!