17 Years Ago Tomorrow (December 24th)

GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
My closest brother, whom is 5 years older than me, went to prison. He was 17 years old when he went in.
He has served a full 17 year sentence. I just got a call that he is at my moms house, finally a free man.
I'm at work (last day before a long break) and flipping out to see him. I knew this was coming but...whoa, am I excited to see him.
MERRY FUSKING CHRISTMAS SOULSTRUT!

Comments

• what did he do?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    congratulations to you, your brother, and your family!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Congrats man, it's gotta feel good. I never thought just being around my family would feel so good, but that's what's up right now, and it's great. And it's only been a year since I've seen these guys!

Wi-five!

• 17 years away from the outside world is hard. Things and people change. Hope your bro can adjust to the outside world and maintain.

• leave work and toast to rum and eggnogs!

fusk life, family counts!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    awesome.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Congrats to him and to you and your entire family.

• Burns said:
    awesome.

• wow, congrats to you and your brother. here's to the best for his days to come now. :beerbang:

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    That's awesome!! This is gonna be a great holiday for you. Enjoy it & help your brother out. The world has changed a lot in these 17 yrs.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    great news, christmas is all about family to me, so it brings a genuine smile to my face when i hear stuff like this!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Merry Christmas to you (and especially to your Mom).
    All the very best to him for the years to come.
    Here's to only two days in and the rest of his life to live.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    word up to your brother being a free man!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    speakmumbles said:
    what did he do?
    nosy much? classy.

Anyways, congrats to you & your family & hopefully this xmas will be the start of a long & positive rebuilding process. Awesome news for you.

• Options
    It's a tough time to be coming out and trying to rebuild a life right now, but I wish your brother and you and your family luck.

Seventeen years. That's hard to even contemplate.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Best Christmas Evar!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Best Christmas Evar!

• amazing! feliz navidad to you, your bro + familia.

what a way to finish strong in 2010

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    good for you

damms said:
    good for you

?

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    jammy said:
    damms said:
    good for you

?
    what

damms said:
    jammy said:
    damms said:
    good for you

?
    what
    don't get too drunk, and let a stare turn into a "yeah you punk"

• Congrats to you and your family. Here's to new beginnings.

And for what it's worth, I'm close with a few people who did many years in prison (one who spent time in Huntsville), and came out and were able to readjust and fully integrate into society again. My sincerest best wishes to your brother. Sounds like he has a very supportive family in place, which a great first step.

• I'm sure its good to have the man back! Happy for you and your family.

• hogginthefogg said:
    Congrats to you and your family. Here's to new beginnings.

And for what it's worth, I'm close with a few people who did many years in prison (one who spent time in Huntsville), and came out and were able to readjust and fully integrate into society again. My sincerest best wishes to your brother. Sounds like he has a very supportive family in place, which a great first step.

As you know dude, we're in Tejas n shit. He did some of his time in Huntsville and a couple of other places in the state. He was moved three times overall.

Its been a lot of fun having him back. So much has changed since he got locked up and being around with him to enjoy those new experiences have been humbling.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Grandfather said:

Its been a lot of fun having him back. So much has changed since he got locked up and being around with him to enjoy those new experiences have been humbling.

Don't let him find out about mp3s!!!! ;)

Congrats, holmes.