Buying your first home?

13»

Comments

• oh, and anyone who thinks that buying a home is a bad idea is outside they goddamn mind. sure you've gotta pay out your blood money to all the stiff shirts [it hurts paying land transfer tax on a NEW HOME with no previous owners], but at the very root of it you're buying something that can NOT BE MADE OR RECREATED: land. unless you're getting roped into buying florida swamps, this is a decision that can not miss.

liquidity is good yeah, but i'd submit that tens of thousands of equity beats the shit out of twenty grand under a tarp in the crawlspace next to your xmas lights.

i also fail to see how you're "trapped"..... if you no longer like the house you're in, you rent it out for double your mortage payment and rent out another place with the profit.

• Options
    Lets spell out very clearly why the myth of home ownership became religion in the United States. Its because corporations didn't want their employees to have many job choices. So they encouraged them to own homes. So they can't move away and get new jobs. Job salaries is a function of supply and demand. If you can't move, then your supply of jobs is low. You can't argue the reverse, since new adults are always competing with you.

• soulone said:
    Lets spell out very clearly why the myth of home ownership became religion in the United States. Its because corporations didn't want their employees to have many job choices. So they encouraged them to own homes. So they can't move away and get new jobs. Job salaries is a function of supply and demand. If you can't move, then your supply of jobs is low. You can't argue the reverse, since new adults are always competing with you.

wow.

• Options
    Brian, I apologize for the skipped G.