Shattered iphone 4 help

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
So the girl buys me an expensive full priced iphone 4 last wed. Today she knocks it off the bed and the back glass shattered. Amazingly the $10 radio shack case made it out scratch free. So of course we didnt purchase any warranty or anything. Anybody have any experienxe or advice??

Comments

• a girl i knew broke her phone in the same way..paid to get in fixed by someplace. i think thats the only route.

• i replaced the screen on my 3G in like 45 minutes using a YouTube instructional...... probably just needs a 00 Phillips and the replacement glass. there's a kit you can send away for.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Id like to doit myself but i dont think there are kits for the 4 yet, prob gonna end up costing half of the price to fix it. Nice.

Id like to doit myself but i dont think there are kits for the 4 yet, prob gonna end up costing half of the price to fix it. Nice.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    http://www.theiphonehospital.com/

a local place that does mail order repairs, supposedly they do good work.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    It was the inevitable and it sucks. Some friends of mine recently opened this I fix your I business and have been making a killing fixing these. Don't know what you need exactly but you can check here http://www.ifixyouri.com/.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Very easy fix. No kit needed. Total job time was 2 minutes.

I bought a new back (Cost was under $15) from www.cnn.cn and it takes 2 seconds to unscrew and put the new back on. Just be careful unscrewing. They are very small and easy to strip.

Might buy the proper screw driver if I were you. I work in a tech dept and it was tough to find one that small.

Here is my new back.

Video of how easy to change the backing.

DOR thx after i findout if theyll di anythin for me at the apple store thats what imma try. Seems easy enough, and a lot cheaper than any other options.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I would definaltely go to apple first.

My friend took his back after owning it for 3 days when it fell off his bed. They gave him a new one. Apple is pretty amazing in that sense. I've had friends return their laptops when a motherboard die 2 months outside of warranty and given a brand new one.

Update: trekked to the Only apple store w in miles and was very pleased to be offered a free fix, being it was so new. It would of only cost $30 to fix which is also comforting to know.