It Was a Celebration, Bitches!

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
D*niel took me to see Charlie Murphy at Caroline's last night for my birf-day...I haven't seen much stand-up comedy lately, but is anti-Arab sentiment the new homophobia? Every comedian incorporated jokes about A-rabs [sic] as alleged terrorists into their routine.That said, the show was pretty fun...Lots of bridge and tunnel folks, though.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    D*niel took me to see Charlie Murphy at Caroline's last night for my birf-day...

I haven't seen much stand-up comedy lately, but is anti-Arab sentiment the new homophobia? Every comedian incorporated jokes about A-rabs [sic] as alleged terrorists into their routine.

That said, the show was pretty fun...Lots of bridge and tunnel folks, though.

Happy Birthday Gurl!

• Happy Birthday, T!

And no, that's not the new homophobia. They been makin' Arab jokes since way before 9/11. And apparently, it's still totally accepted (this includes confusing Indians for Arabs, Hindus and Sikhs for Muslims, etc.).

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Happy Birthday Gurl!

Thank you!

The way you spelled girl reminds me of when I was in 8th grade and this dude passed me a note: "Will you be my gril [sic]? YES or NO."

Are you coming up here next month for the West Indian-American Day Carnival?

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

Happy Birthday, T!

And no, that's not the new homophobia. They been makin' Arab jokes since way before 9/11. And apparently, it's still totally accepted (this includes confusing Indians for Arabs, Hindus and Sikhs for Muslims, etc.).

Thanks, R-wuh! We'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow.

Yeah, I know I've heard Arab jokes before, but it was really weird hearing four routines in a row that incorporated this humor. It almost felt like dudes were giddy that black people are not the only suspects anymore.

Ha! He's stepped up his sandwich game lately, so I can't really complain.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hey T, Happy Birthday!

Do you recall who opened for Charlie? When I saw Chappelle a few months ago in A.C. this dude with a last name Barnes (Clarence, maybe?) did the first set. Plenty of Arab jokes, bordered on annoying, but the rest of the show was dope.

em'ups!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Happy Birthday Gurl!

Thank you!

The way you spelled girl reminds me of when I was in 8th grade and this dude passed me a note: "Will you be my gril [sic]? YES or NO."

Are you coming up here next month for the West Indian-American Day Carnival?

I don't think so....all our close friends in Brooklyn moved back to Minneapolis(always need more than one reason to hit up NYC it seems), and the real kicker is that our travel expenses this year will be taken up in October with Fatback's nuptials down south(which should be a great time).

So, sorry to say, at this point we are sticking close to home! please keep us informed if you guys are planning any DC visits however!

He's stepped up his sandwich game lately.

And you're cool with that?

or is it the other way around?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Happy Birthday, T!

Hey T, Happy Birthday!

Do you recall who opened for Charlie? When I saw Chappelle a few months ago in A.C. this dude with a last name Barnes (Clarence, maybe?) did the first set. Plenty of Arab jokes, bordered on annoying, but the rest of the show was dope.

em'ups!

Thanks, D! I don't know the names of the guys who opened...I have to check the program (one of them was Charlie's uncle).

Did you know that Eddie Murphy's wife Nicole filed for divorce last week? With five kids, I know she's going to be laying down that "I want half, Eddie!"

Happy Birthday, T!

Haha! Thanks, J*ff...I'll have to come up with something clever for you in a couple of weeks.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Happy Birthday, T!

Haha! Thanks, J*ff...I'll have to come up with something clever for you in a couple of weeks.

awesome!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Ha! He's stepped up his sandwich game lately

"oh D****l, you can STACK IT!"

happy birthday T.

Thank you, DOR, that's really cute!

I did get pretty smashed last night; Faux said I was throwing rolls of toilet paper around.

He's stepped up his sandwich game lately.

And you're cool with that?

Where the heck did you find that second pic?

Are you guys coming to APT tomorrow night? You can see his sandwiching game in action.

Ha! He's stepped up his sandwich game lately

"oh D****l, you can STACK IT!"

happy birthday T.

Woah, that's way too elaborate...His idea of "fancy" is to melt the cheese in the toaster oven.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Happy Birthday, T!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

I did get pretty smashed last night; Faux said I was throwing rolls of toilet paper around.

Glad you had a good one~!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Happy b-day T!

• [The way you spelled girl reminds me of when I was in 8th grade and this dude passed me a note: "Will you be my gril [sic]? YES or NO."

WHY YOU GOTTA PUT ME ON BLAST?!!??!?! and actually I wanted it to go to Daniel.

P.S. Happy Birthday

P.P.S. Carlos Mencia has a ton a "A-Rab" jokes and they all suck. Actually all jokes like that suck.

Haha, where the heck did you find that second pic?

In the same search that found this picture?

Are you guys coming to APT tomorrow night? You can see his sandwiching game in action.

I wish.
    Faux's sandwich game is deliciously infamous.[color:pink]
    [Honeydip steps into the Faux/Carfagna sandwich arena]
    Faux: "You wanna know how we keep these hoes in check?"
    Dante: "Keep 'em broke and keep they panties soakin' wet!"[/color]
    We're gonna have to miss.
    Country house rented.
    North shore getaway.
    Badminton & Baked goods.
    Slice the brie, lovey!

Faux said I was throwing rolls of toilet paper around.

How's his OCD this morning?

I didn't have time to wrap it, but here's a birfday present for the woman who has everything. ("So large, we got a whole floor at the Mirage!") Stay safe with them sandwiches.

Bitch, we take shits at the Ritz
    And we don't get excited over long hair and fake tits

~B.ubblelicious

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    happy borned day tanya. see you at apt manjana. ...derrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• I did get pretty smashed last night; Faux said I was throwing rolls of toilet paper around.

Damn, we sure do have a lot in common.

p.s. I don't think you are aloud to say "bitch" here anymore. unless you are one... I think. But having friends that are bitches might be good enough. no wait, thats not right.

Happy birthday. I want to write a rap for you, but the only thing I can think of that rhymes with tanya is "get on ya" or something like that. And that wouldn't be very appropriate, now would it?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hey T, Happy Birthday!

em'ups!

Thanks, D! I don't know the names of the guys who opened...I have to check the program (one of them was Charlie's uncle).

Dude's name wad Greer Barnes

Clarence was a pretty good guess, though!

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Happy Birthday, T!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

I haven't seen much stand-up comedy lately, but is anti-Arab sentiment the new homophobia? Every comedian incorporated jokes about A-rabs [sic] as alleged terrorists into their routine.

Yea, it's gotten pretty bad. They were always there, but usually confined to taxi driver jokes. Now I think people feel they have an excusse because of 9/11. As usually the public is often to blame for laughing at this stuff. If people wern't laughing the comedians would drop it. Did people laugh????

The worst is that I've seen a bunch of black comedians do the whole "now I'm OK with racial profiling, search that turban wearing MF!"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Coselmed,

Happy birthday, lady!!!! You are truly a bright spot on this board (Ladies first, ya'll). Nice to hear you enjoyed your special day. It's a blessing to see yet another year.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Happy Birthday! Treat yourself to one of these: