Am I the only guero who thinks this rocks?

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central

I first heard this track on supersondio.net. This looks like the best live show I would not have dared set foot inside. Someone sell me the 45!

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    TORCH BEARERS OF THE INTERNATIONAL HIP HOP MOVEMENT

• quebra la guero!

• i would listen to this 500x before anything posted on "RECORD DAY"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Swap Meet Music!

Last time I was in Dallas, I heard some Tejano music that was as hip-hop-aesthetic funky as anything. It was just some random ish on the radio, so I have no idea of the artists by name...but as someone who already likes this style of music, albeit from a distance, it's currently upping the ante and sure to soon blow the minds of the unoriented wide open.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i would appreciate it more if i didnt hear it all day everyday.

Paisa related

• rape_donkeys said:
    i would listen to this 500x before anything posted on "RECORD DAY"

Leave Tejano alone.

b/w

One of my top 5 requests ever was during a graduation party I DJed for my friend Consuelo (rest in peace). I split the night with a mariachi group that half her family was in and at one point this vato came up to me, beer in hand in full mariachi regalia and said "Oye, tienes Bun B?"

Once in a long while I'll drop a mini-Banda set in the clurb. Confuses most people, but man, my people love it!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• Herm said:

Leave Tejano alone.

don't know what your issue is, but let it go bruhbruh

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I think I am getting close to 500 listens and it just gets better.

Grandfather said:
    quebra la guero!
    If I get a shiny enough belt buckle do you think I could sneak in there and they wouldn't notice my face?

Rock, why are you polluting this thread with Brit Invasion influenced bourgeois strutter-type rock? Are you the guy who asks the CD vendor si kee-ay-ress los Dug Dugs? ;)

• SportCasual said:
    I think I am getting close to 500 listens and it just gets better.

Grandfather said:
    quebra la guero!
    If I get a shiny enough belt buckle do you think I could sneak in there and they wouldn't notice my face?

Don't forget botas de avestruz (ostrich boots)!

I won't pollute one of your threads again....reciprocation would be awesome.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Does that include finds threads, mp3/cover match-up competitions, and sketchy hitch-hiking stories that "happend to my friend" threads?

SportCasual said:
    Rockadelic said:

Does that include finds threads, mp3/cover match-up competitions, and sketchy hitch-hiking stories that "happend to my friend" threads?

Your contributions speak for themselves.....as do mine.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    SportCasual said:
    Rockadelic said:

Your contributions speak for themselves.....as do mine.

But you are clearly not a man who is true to his word. Bad Texan!

• Pura locura! I'll roll to some restaurant turned dance club in Sunset Park with you, if you want to go to one of these jams. I will pay handsomely to see you do el baile del caballito.

• Charanga!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Elbows up, side to side is about all you will see from me.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    This music in on some BUMP and If you're ever in Aurora, IL we got that scene too. Maker can justify this statement. I always try an grab these type of posters at many shops around town. Best one I had, unfortunately given away had 10 dudes all same suited in front of photo-shopped navigators while a main man sported an AK-47. This music is on some deep shit especially if they're talking about the "narco corridos." I grabbed a "lucha libre" poster yesterday, will post later tonight.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    el baile del caballito.

My Mexican isn't great, but is this "The Pony Dance"?

• DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    el baile del caballito.

I don't know, I don't speak Mexican, I only speak Puerto Rican.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    el baile del caballito.

I don't know, I don't speak Mexican, I only speak Puerto Rican.

Damn. I guess we'll never know.