Disappointing Sound Tracks

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
I know that there are TONS of these but which ones do yall think are awful considering the movie was dope. Or the ones that have extremely ill covers but terrible music.

I know I'm not the only one that thinks this is way up there.

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    This was a total boner considering the soundtrack it followed up.
    Attached files

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Breez said:

I agree 100%.

You could say this about so many films, but the whole melodramatic, emotional cue music - here's some sad piano tinkling because here comes a sad part! - happens in way too many films and works against some otherwise wonderful moments.
    I really liked The Secret in their Eyes but was bothered by the soundtrack.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    I expected more from The Mighty Burner + explosion blaxploitation cover

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I haven't listened to it since it came out, but in terms of expectatons > actual product, I nominate:

Perhaps Paul's Boutique and Odelay are not your bag, but those albums led me to believe that the Dust Brothers were capable of something a little more interesting than what we got in the Fight Club OST.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    People hoping for Blackplotation sounds from these are in trouble:
    Book Of Numbers
    Come Back Charleston Blue
    Soul Of Jesus Christ Superstar

I always wanted a soundtrack to Tin men for the songs, but it never came out.

I know there are others that I wanted the soundtrack (incidental music) but only had songs.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I think this thread needs to be stepped up a bit:

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

this should've been better

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    People hoping for Blackplotation sounds from these are in trouble:
    Soul Of Jesus Christ Superstar

Hold up: this LP is worth copping for this alone: http://www.numerogroup.com/dig_sub.php?st=t&ar=Taylor, Sam

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

Yes. Really average to my ears.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I like the Scarface soundtrack. It's a cheesy 80's soundtrack, but Scarface is a cheesy 80's movie.

That was always one of my favorite things about Scarface, the shameless musical montages to shit like "She's On Fire" and "Push it to the Limit" ... and the Debbie Harry yayo song is a classique.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    The_Non said:

I totally agree with ^^^^^. That cover looks action packed, what a let down.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Jspr said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    I like the Scarface soundtrack. It's a cheesy 80's soundtrack, but Scarface is a cheesy 80's movie.

That was always one of my favorite things about Scarface, the shameless musical montages to shit like "She's On Fire" and "Push it to the Limit" ... and the Debbie Harry yayo song is a classique.

Have never checked the actual soundtrack but Giorgio Moroder's theme and bleak incidential music fit the story and character perfectly IMHO.
    Yep. I don't think you're getting the movie if you can't appreciate the sound track.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Okem said:
    Jspr said:
    SoulOnIce said:

Have never checked the actual soundtrack but Giorgio Moroder's theme and bleak incidential music fit the story and character perfectly IMHO.
    Yep. I don't think you're getting the movie if you can't appreciate the sound track.

w/o the movie that sound track is pretty bad, IMO. It fits the movie well (no, I'm not saying the movie is bad). Scarface wouldn't be the same with any other music but to just sit back and listen to the sound track with no connections to the movie is a hard task.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Breez said:
    Okem said:
    Jspr said:
    SoulOnIce said:

w/o the movie that sound track is pretty bad, IMO. It fits the movie well (no, I'm not saying the movie is bad). Scarface wouldn't be the same with any other music but to just sit back and listen to the sound track with no connections to the movie is a hard task.
    As an listening album yes it's not great, but it was never meant for home listening - I don't think the OST even got released in the US.

Okem said:
    Jspr said:
    SoulOnIce said:

lol - right.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I like the Uptight soundtrack.
    I can see the disappointment if you are looking for Shaft or Superfly followup.

Johnny I Love You and Time is Tight are classics. To me.