Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    The_Non said:
    You need some hand lotion
    b/w
    great find!

That's not my hand....

Even more ballin, got a personal 45 holder!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    This weekend's pick-ups:

Don't let the male stewardess on the cover of that Japanese LP turn you off (AYO!), there's some nasty breaks on there. The Korean LP next to it is utterly insane.

Los Psicosis is a kinda cool Mexican boogaloo track (O-dub, holler at me). Pao Pao is a great 45, too. Seems like it came with a picture sleeve tho.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    The_Non said:
    DeeRock said:
    The_Non said:
    You need some hand lotion
    b/w
    great find!

That's not my hand....

Even more ballin, got a personal 45 holder!

You know this! LOL

• author="SoulOnIce" date="1292592732"]recent 45 scores:

nice one on that nightriders, insane track...how's the vinyl on that one?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ha, I was surprised you hadn't chimed in on that one!

definitely better vinyl than the label suggests. probably would only grade as VG if I were selling, but plays more than well enough to DJ at the clurb/on the radio. I sort of collect tracks about skirts too, and this one is a crown jewel, maybe even more of a favorite than my copy of "Fox in a Mini-Skirt" by Hank and Claude Carbo.

• A good one the other day.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    This weekend's pick-ups:

The Korean LP next to it is utterly insane.

[/IMG]
    SAN UL LIM vol 2 is such a beast record!

This weekend's pick-ups:

[/IMG]

I think Chris and Sean used it on the Trap Door mix.

• picked these up over a week ago but just now able to post up.

^merry go round includes Emmet Rhodes

^super clean og '50s disneys, real hard to find 1st presses.
    hercules is the second copy ive seen ever, bought the first from the same dude a few weeks back.

^^didnt realize the significance of the Subway or the (as it turns out 1st album by) Rollins till i got em home.

^all from one dudes collection

^steady funk is a total p-funk rip off but in a fun way

^not that great but i love the misspelling. and "greasy sack blues"' lol

^was hoping for a 7 or an 8 but its more like a weak 4. still has to be rare as hell though.

• This weekend's pick-ups:

[/IMG]

I think Chris and Sean used it on the Trap Door mix.

yeah definitely was. anybody heard the other san ul lim volumes? similarly good?
    are they easy to come by in korea?

tripledouble said:

yeah definitely was. anybody heard the other san ul lim volumes? similarly good?
    are they easy to come by in korea?

I think Vol 3 (green cover) might be the best. There is a very similar cut as the above, just super long and even heavier. The first three are the best. The name of the group San Ul Lim means "The Mountain Echo" in Korean, apparently.

I've heard from someone who is living there right now that these titles are around, they are just usually beat to shit. The cat is out of that bag about records in Korea, and clean copies of good titles are tough to catch. I got this copy from a friend who is Korean and regularly tells me of finding heavy shit like this sprinkled into the collections of his mom's church-group friends.

Some of those HEAVY KOREAN BONGO B-BOY BREAKZ FUNK L@@K secret squirrel joints are pretty fuckin rad. I want.

• Have been lurking many years on this forum, regularly posting on VG+. Friend of mine on that board told me the post was a better fit to Soulstrut. So here we go

No re-issues and all in a mint condition, 4-5 euro's each, somehow my best haul ever I think

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    bought about 3 - 400 libraries today. the whole themes catalogue. vincent geminiani 35 too. kpms conroys and german stuff. not too bad.

anyone here needs drama suite 1 or 2? voice or sound of soul? all american powerhouse?

• DOUBLE POST - SORRY

• Kratgraver said:
    Have been lurking many years on this forum, regularly posting on VG+. Friend of mine on that board told me the post was a better fit to Soulstrut. So here we go

No re-issues and all in a mint condition, 4-5 euro's each, somehow my best haul ever I think

Massiah is a killer LP! Good find!

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    damms said:
    leon said:

and what is that record with the black and white colored cover left of the Dorham?
    I knew it looked familiar. it's The Pyramids "Birth/Speed/Merging"
    looks like an OG pressing. nice find

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Bought a couple hundred from an old record store owner in Aurora, IL. Some of the others are .50 cent finds. Most of these pics were found the weekend before x-mas and one or two during the preceding three weeks around Chicago land area. Just moved last Tuesday haven't gotten through even half of them. All 45's. Dude will be bringing out the lp's and 12's when the weather betters. He wouldn't let me have any Christmas themed records...

• leonleon 883 Posts
    That Excursions 45 is a banger! How's the Dynamic Tints?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    leon said:
    How's the Dynamic Tints?

• JroamJroam 257 Posts

not sure if it sounds the same as red label, only listened to it twice and copy is packed and ready to be cleaned... ...I really dig this one and the flip ain't too shabby.

found this along some more tunes on twinight red labels

And the Syl johnson on Shama "bring out the blues in me"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts