photos from italy

slavinslavin 577 Posts
edited August 2005 in Announcements
i was in italy for the majority of july. i took a lot of photos. i figured i would share some here. enjoy.(all taken with lomo lc-a camera)romepetoranello del molisenaplescapriflorenceflorenceflorenceflorencepisaromenaplescampobassovastothere's more here if you're interested.

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    You got that photo crack ed. Nice picks. I feel like I just too a mini vacation to Italy. What's the low down on that Lo-mo?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    You got that photo crack ed. Nice picks. I feel like I just too a mini vacation to Italy. What's the low down on that Lo-mo?

I got one of these too and really enjoy it. Here is an little bit o history from the lomo site:

The vision of the LC-A was simple - a miniaturized, automatic camera meant to provide the masses with a reliable workhorse for everyday photography. However, dig a little deeper and you will begin to see the true value of the gorgeous treasure. The LC-A's incredibly sexy 'Minitar 1" lens, designed by LOMO's revered Professor Radionov captures exceptionally vivid images in an all-seeing wide angle view. Its innovative auto-exposure capability, usually only available on very expensive professional cameras, allows the LOMO to function in all lighting conditions and to blow your mind at nightime with beautiful infusions of colors and light. The compact shape of the LC-A makes it a pleasure to take the LOMO everywhere, and its strong metal construction - intoxicating with the aroma of old-fashioned Russian workmanship - empowers the LOMO to be a loyal companion for years to come.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    Wow, gorgeous pics. Reminds me why I'm going to law school: TRAVEL & RECORDS. Heh.

• man, those are great photos. two of my good friends just finished up a month-long trip to italy and i've been reading their travel stories so these are especially nice to see... not to mention your photo skills are top notch.

m

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    not to mention your photo skills are top notch.

m

thats the beauty with a Lomo, no skills required.

but yeah, those photos are dope Slavin.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    not to mention your photo skills are top notch.

m

thats the beauty with a Lomo, no skills required.

but yeah, those photos are dope Slavin.

hahah yeah. thanks everyone.

the lens, its size, and the auto-exposure feature are what make this a great camera. plus the thing is durable as hell.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    well i'm pretty sure they stopped production on these. ebay prices are anywhere from 100 to 150$.

i got mine a few years ago for 75 i think (used).

• cool!

jealous.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    How is Marcofunk?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    GREAT PICS!! wow, i flirted with digital for a while but i always go back to the LOMO. i love the vignetting and the saturated colors. mike i got mine for $150 when it came out but you can get them much much cheaper on ebay now. i also recommend purchasing the colorsplash flash - i get really great effects with that.

here is my lomo gallery

http://pbase.com/awwwdamn/hey

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    GREAT PICS!! wow, i flirted with digital for a while but i always go back to the LOMO. i love the vignetting and the saturated colors. mike i got mine for $150 when it came out but you can get them much much cheaper on ebay now. i also recommend purchasing the colorsplash flash - i get really great effects with that.

here is my lomo gallery

http://pbase.com/awwwdamn/hey

radd. yeah i just recently got the colorsplash flash.. definitely recommended.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Is this a 35 MM film camera?

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    yeah, 35mm

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    One of my worst memories is riding a bus in Naples. I remember this because you took a piture of a bus in Naples. The Naple bus drivers are rad! I was scared. They almost made me shit in my pants! Raer moment! Did you visit Pompeii? Our tourist guide refused to show us around. We were in Naples fro two weeks on our high school trip before graduation. Got no memory of it though. Birra e vino!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    didn't stay in naples too long.. took a boat from there to capri. while i've never experienced naples bus driving, the bus driving from the bottom of the mountain to the top on capri was definitely . the roads are incredibly narrow, came within inches of hitting oncoming buses on many occasions. when you get towards the top, you're driving on the edge of the mountain with a weak guardrail "protecting" you from a giant drop into the mediterranean.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    haha, capri. FULL of tourists! I still hate myself for not buying one of those replica soccer jerseys at the capri harbor. Very cheap shirts, but still nice!