A Slightly Interesting Production Collabo Idea

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I was thinking this:Its cool sometimes to go into sound banks and programs of yours from 4 years ago and mess around with those sounds. Maybe make something different, or just hear your ear from a few years ago and see how totally different its become. I was thinking I should completely remix some of my old tracks with just the sounds from the old programs but thats far too narcissitic for me. So how about this:If I can get like 2 or 3 other fellas and we could each give eachother like 3 or 4 programs of old (or new) sounds of ours. At least 80 seconds of shit and we could make our own tracks with those programs. Nothing years in the making, but like a two week beat type thing. Of course you could change the sounds to your hearts desire. I think it would be interesting to get a crack at another producer's ear. Could be a fun experiment. I know some people might be like "I'm not sending my dope sounds to someone just to get back 80 seconds of garbage." Oh well. Everybody I've heard on hear is at least competent with the production and I'd like to think I am too. If it turns out to be anything, we can always press up a fake intellectual post hip 2003 era hop 12" or something. But mostly Im interested in the experiment.Oh, since I'm a mpc user, it would be easier with other mpc dudes, but its damn easy to make a cd of a program. So whatever your tools, you're encouraged to enquire. Let me know if you're interested and we'll talk more. If I dont recieve any PMs I will know I am a fool.

Comments

• fool.
    FOLL! neat idea tho. peace, stein. . .

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    so want, you want some sounds of my casio keyboard i got when i was 8?

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    fool.

FOLL!

aw shitfuck

...are you down then, name producer???

nah - tyson sounds will do.

how old are you?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    people still try and make music with 80 seconds of sounds to work with?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    people still try and make music with 80 seconds of sounds to work with?

you can accomplish alot with proper loop-points and envelopes.

i did however not like the collabo idea im afraid. even tho i daydream about similiar stuff sometimes... imagine beeing able to just swap your entire record collection with someone for like a week! that would be pretty damn good for the productivity.

you can also play guitar for 5 minutes and actually end up with five minutes of guitar... including an intro, verse, chorus, middle 8 ie a whole song.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    sure thing, but that wouldnt necessary make it a better track.

im just being a tool

obviously you would need to play some drums too

and some bass

maybe get on the keys

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    nah - tyson sounds will do.

how old are you?

Hey, they're all WAV'd...

mid-20s. wink wink.