Does anybody still support Obama? (NRR)

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Where are the jobs Obama said he wa going to create, those public works projects and such???

Dude can't even hook up a player with a job working on roads, that is unless it's as part of a chain gang.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    white_tea said:
    motown67 said:
    I've almost given up on the guy. I don't think he's willing to fight for anything. The White House gave up on trying to pass another stimulus package or any other kind of legislation to deal with the recession months ago, and this was when the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress. They're going to just use fiscal policy and the Fed from now on, and that won't do shit to solve the recession. This is the greatest problem to face the country since the 1980 recession, and the White House has basically quit doing anything serious about it. Right now I would say that Obama is a one term president. The Democrats are a bunch of twats as usual who can only agree to disagree, which doesn't help things as well. Fuck them and the Republicans who are calling for austerity during a recession???

Are you kidding? How serious is going against one of your major campaign promises in order to get extended unemployment benefits, extend tax cuts for the middle class and cut payrolls taxes? That's another stimulus and serious as a heart attack for the Obama Administration.

the analysis that i've read of the tax cuts say that they are still skewed towards the upper class who are least likely to spend any savings they make so it's unlikely to have much affect upon the economy. And these are extensions of current tax programs and benefits and they haven't done much so far.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    yeah dudes, screw all these compromises and incremental improvements. lets just sit on the sidelines and tsk-tsk until we get a more liberal president than obama. how long could that possibly take?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    You Americans sure are funny, We ALL endured eight years of Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney, now Obamas the bad guy who let you all down?

Anyway, saw this and thought it would fit in with the whining and hand-wringing in this thread:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    deej said:
    in case you didnt notice, obama isnt a king?? he doesnt decide these things -- congress does? and there were lots of representive elected politicians who diluted the bill. this is how politics WORKS>

No but he's the fucking President who came into office with a majority in the two houses of Congress. And if you can't get your party in line to pass your legislation as President in that situation, then you're basically a failure.

Oh, my young friends, welcome to the Democratic Party.

While Bill Clinton was motoring from his first inauguration to the White House Democratic Senator Sam Nunn and other Democrats were holding a press conference attacking him. (Specifically they were attacking his plans to allow gays to serve openly in the military.)

From the moment Jimmy Carter took office Ted Kennedy and other Ds were attacking him and his policies.

Robert Kennedy and other Democrats ended LBJ's chances for a second term.

If you want to be a member of a political party of sheep become a Republican.

• LaserWolf said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    deej said:
    in case you didnt notice, obama isnt a king?? he doesnt decide these things -- congress does? and there were lots of representive elected politicians who diluted the bill. this is how politics WORKS>

No but he's the fucking President who came into office with a majority in the two houses of Congress. And if you can't get your party in line to pass your legislation as President in that situation, then you're basically a failure.

Oh, my young friends, welcome to the Democratic Party.

While Bill Clinton was motoring from his first inauguration to the White House Democratic Senator Sam Nunn and other Democrats were holding a press conference attacking him. (Specifically they were attacking his plans to allow gays to serve openly in the military.)

From the moment Jimmy Carter took office Ted Kennedy and other Ds were attacking him and his policies.

Robert Kennedy and other Democrats ended LBJ's chances for a second term.

If you want to be a member of a political party of sheep become a Republican.

Sorry, but both parties vote along party lines 99.99% of the time.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    You Americans sure are funny, We ALL endured eight years of Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney, now Obamas the bad guy who let you all down?

Why you gotta bring up old shit?!?

Seriously, the American voting public has an unbelievably short attention span and little to no long-term memory.

• Options
    Horseleech said:

From the Department of Bullshit Statistics, right?

Anyone who followed the progress of the health care reform bill knows that the so-called Blue Dog Democrats wouldn't have voted for a more progressive bill. Thirty-nine of them voted against the final bill.

While I didn't enjoy seeing the Republicans take over the House I did enjoy the fact that a lot of those Blue Dog fuckstains got voted out.

• BobDesperado said:
    Horseleech said:

Anyone who followed the progress of the health care reform bill knows that the so-called Blue Dog Democrats wouldn't have voted for a more progressive bill. Thirty-nine of them voted against the final bill.

While I didn't enjoy seeing the Republicans take over the House I did enjoy the fact that a lot of those Blue Dog fuckstains got voted out.

That's why I didn't say 100%.

And BTW, the Senate vote was 100% along party lines:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/12/20/2009-12-20_key_health_care_hurdle_cleared_with_60_votes.html

You have any 'non-bullshit" statistics that refute this? Or do you think a vote on one issue sums up all of American politics?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/12/20/2009-12-20_key_health_care_hurdle_cleared_with_60_votes.html

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• HarveyCanal said:
    Where are the jobs Obama said he wa going to create, those public works projects and such???

Dude can't even hook up a player with a job working on roads, that is unless it's as part of a chain gang.

i don't know where you're at, but, i've been seeing a shitload of these in Phoenix lately.

• Options
    Horseleech said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Horseleech said:

That's why I didn't say 100%.

And BTW, the Senate vote was 100% along party lines:

You have any 'non-bullshit" statistics that refute this? Or do you think a vote on one issue sums up all of American politics?

You have any non-bullshit statistics that support your bullshit 99.99% statistic? Because it is bullshit. Here are some real statistics:

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/110/senate/party-voters/

• Luke Scott from the Orioles doesn't...

"[Obama] was not born here," Scott asserted to Answer Man in the session's last segment. "That's my belief. I was born here. If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go ??? within 10 minutes ??? to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, 'See? Look! Here it is. Here it is.' The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Answer-Man-Luke-Scott-talks-Nugent-hunting-and?urn=mlb-292970

what a douche.

• BobDesperado said:

You have any non-bullshit statistics that support your bullshit 99.99% statistic? Because it is bullshit. Here are some real statistics:

Yeah, I already posted them.

And 99.99% was on obvious exaggeration, as it is pretty much anytime anybody uses that particular number.

But you're right - congress is just one big aisle hopping orgy of bipartisanship - how could I not have noticed?

• Options
    Horseleech said:
    BobDesperado said:

Yeah, I already posted them.

And 99.99% was on obvious exaggeration, as it is pretty much anytime anybody uses that particular number.

But you're right - congress is just one big aisle hopping orgy of bipartisanship - how could I not have noticed?

Bipartisanship is overrated, especially these days with the Republicans dominated by craziness.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Not a big fan of Olbermann. Some good points, some shitty ones. He seems upset...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DOR said:
    Not a big fan of Olbermann. Some good points, some shitty ones. He seems upset...

Olbermann is living proof that this notion that there is a "Liberal Elitism" is absolute bullshit.

This dude is "everyman" and he's obviously addressing the Average Joe in the above clip.

I wonder if he has a $100 word for the never before acheived heights of douchery he's reached.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:

Olbermann is living proof that this notion that there is a "Liberal Elitism" is absolute bullshit.

This dude is "everyman" and he's obviously addressing the Average Joe in the above clip.

I wonder if he has a $100 word for the never before acheived heights of douchery he's reached.

There are at least a dozen right-wing assholes who beat Olbermann in the douchery department.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:

Has he used the term "sang froid" on air yet?

Dude is the Favreian Penis of the Left.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Luke Scott from the Orioles doesn't...

"[Obama] was not born here," Scott asserted to Answer Man in the session's last segment. "That's my belief. I was born here. If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go ??? within 10 minutes ??? to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, 'See? Look! Here it is. Here it is.' The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Answer-Man-Luke-Scott-talks-Nugent-hunting-and?urn=mlb-292970

what a douche.

Good to see that at least one Oriole is already in mid-season mental form.

In a related story, the outfield at Camden Yards next season will be implanted with wind turbines. Scientists believe that the power generated from the home bats will power 2/3rds of the Eastern seaboard for two full hours.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    This just in, for what it's worth:

House passes immigration Dream Act

• BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:

There are at least a THOUSAND right-wing assholes who beat Olbermann in the douchery department.

• luck said:

Awesome! Hey KVH, how many jobs do you think this saved or created?

• im not a big fan of the healthcare bill, but i realize that it is a legislative success for O.
    its on economics that we should have had something better. wall street owns politics...from bush to clinton to W
    obama just kept that gravy train going. im not quite sure how he couldnt have, but maybe not appointing summers geithner bernanky and on and on would have been a bold first step. should have appointed spitzer
    probably would have been non different with hillary, but politics is still fucked up with those wall street fucks

• Options
    sabadabada said:
    luck said:

It's funny when conservatives pretend to care about job creation.

The fact that Dumbya Bush's record of ZERO net jobs created in 8 years doesn't seem like a massive failure to wingnuts tells me all I need to know about the current state of America's right wing.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    luck said:

Once they are naturalized American citizens, quite a few. Plus, more taxes will be paid as a result.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    sabadabada said:
    luck said:

It's funny when conservatives pretend to care about job creation.

The fact that Dumbya Bush's record of ZERO net jobs created in 8 years doesn't seem like a massive failure to wingnuts tells me all I need to know about the current state of America's right wing.

So no military-related jobs or anti-terrorism jobs or contracting jobs in countries that we've blown up were created during Bush's tenure? Not that those are the jobs I want being created, but still.

• luck said:
    sabadabada said:
    luck said:

Once they are naturalized American citizens, quite a few. Plus, more taxes will be paid as a result.

I suppose we'll need a lot of new parole officers.