December Finds

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
I know there was a finds thread not long ago but it started getting kind of long so,,,,,you get the point.
Found some good stuff this past week. Here are a few highlights:

A lot of these are my 2nd copies so holla if you see something you want. I'm down to get some trades going.

Comments

• Found on the cheap, basement record sale finds. Soft Machine 1 early 90's reish.

• Sorry for the shitty photo

• beautiful world strikes again!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Got some pretty killer stuff over the past few weeks, this weekend turned up some pretty rad stuff too.

The Imojah LP is in absolutely perfect condition, crazed to find that. Was particularly stoked on this Caetano Veloso biographical comp out of Brazil, though. Dude had a few of these, they're pretty awesome. I get the sense they might be relatively commonplace in Brazil, but to find this in this condition in the states having never even heard of it before was pretty cool. The pictures inside are worth it alone. Comes with a 10" comp of some of his choice works. Anyone seen these before? There's a small series of them, dude had a few others too but this was the only one I was really interested in. Unfortunately, there isn't one on Marcos Valle, from the little research I did.

• Woimsah said:

Was particularly stoked on this Caetano Veloso biographical comp out of Brazil, though. Dude had a few of these, they're pretty awesome. I get the sense they might be relatively commonplace in Brazil, but to find this in this condition in the states having never even heard of it before was pretty cool. The pictures inside are worth it alone. Comes with a 10" comp of some of his choice works. Anyone seen these before? There's a small series of them, dude had a few others too but this was the only one I was really interested in. Unfortunately, there isn't one on Marcos Valle, from the little research I did.

I get this through the store a few times a year, they're pretty common. Nicely done w/ photos and good song selections.

After your enthusiasm I'm regretting putting it out for $10 a couple of weeks ago!

Horseleech said:
    Woimsah said:

Was particularly stoked on this Caetano Veloso biographical comp out of Brazil, though. Dude had a few of these, they're pretty awesome. I get the sense they might be relatively commonplace in Brazil, but to find this in this condition in the states having never even heard of it before was pretty cool. The pictures inside are worth it alone. Comes with a 10" comp of some of his choice works. Anyone seen these before? There's a small series of them, dude had a few others too but this was the only one I was really interested in. Unfortunately, there isn't one on Marcos Valle, from the little research I did.

I get this through the store a few times a year, they're pretty common. Nicely done w/ photos and good song selections.

After your enthusiasm I'm regretting putting it out for $10 a couple of weeks ago!

Ya i figured such. I only found one available online for $35.00 out of Brazil. I bet you could get decent $ for it.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    editora abril is a magazine/comic publisher in brazil

this series of LPs were available at streetside newsstands (bancas in portuguese) with a huge circulation

i.e you couldn't buy them in record shops... I don't think

so there are a lot of them about

• Woimsah said:
    Horseleech said:

Ya i figured such. I only found one available online for $35.00 out of Brazil. I bet you could get decent $ for it.

I was talking more about keeping it!

I'm a huge Caetano fan, but I have all the main albums already.

I feel like I've seen these with Tower stickers from the 80's on them

• Woimsah said:

I have the Jorge Ben one, its really great. I thought they were put out by the Brazilian Tourism Board or something? About 4 years ago a complete set showed up at the flea, but I got there late and the set had been broken up, which I thought was a shame.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

the nobuo hara has a few covers like watermelon man, coming home baby and others. i had never seen this dee dee on sutra so i took a chance and its okay. the filipino record has two nice dance tracks with one having a real nice beat in the opening of it. singing is poor though.

the lilian alexander was sealed and a steal on ebay. 45s: electric flag - peters gold on sidewalk, raymond smith - seven day lover on IX chains, nunsuch - where'm i goin on pbr, and little tony - bandito on little records.

all records are for sale if anyone is interested. just send me a message.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i have the gilberto gill and joao valle
    i want more just to practice my portuguese

That Varela joint I posted has some decent stuff on it too. They put out an ep with the same cover but in black and white a year or two before this one. That also has one pretty killer track on it. Just the right amount of yacht for me.

http://www.podarama.com/Varela/info.php

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    jinx74 said:

If you're a breaks dude that JCSS is loaded with samples. Great find!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Breez said:
    jinx74 said:

I think that Filipino dude brings the jheri curl collectros to the table.