LAW AND ORDER: special victims unit or original?

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
do you guys like ice-t's acting in the SVU? i think he sucks. i would rather watch the original version any day. plus i think the actors are butt ugly in SVU. and criminal intent sucks big time.WHATS YOUR OPINION?

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    do you guys like ice-t's acting in the SVU? i think he sucks. i would rather watch the original version any day. plus i think the actors are butt ugly in SVU. and criminal intent sucks big time.

WHATS YOUR OPINION?

+ belzer + the guy from oz = wtf ??

• do you guys like ice-t's acting in the SVU? i think he sucks. i would rather watch the original version any day. plus i think the actors are butt ugly in SVU. and criminal intent sucks big time.

WHATS YOUR OPINION?

AND WHAT THE FUK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?

do you guys like ice-t's acting in the SVU? i think he sucks. i would rather watch the original version any day. plus i think the actors are butt ugly in SVU. and criminal intent sucks big time.

WHATS YOUR OPINION?

AND WHAT THE FUK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?
    = comedy rap basic cable

of course

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    OG style without a doubt. i love the (bad/morbid) jokes that brisco makes before the intro music in every episode.
    gotta speak up for CI though... it had its run in the second or third season. now, its an odd experience watching, but that actor does know how to keep a viewwer's attention. (no homo).

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I've watched these a couple times with friends and don't really like them. I don't think Ice T is any worse than a lot of the people on the show. I always figure out what's going to happen in frist 10 min. My one friend was getting freaked that I was blurting out how it would end and I was always right.

But really do we need shows about how people get killed and the nutsos that do it. I realize that most other shows are ripping off this on, but I think this stuff is just foul. It's just an excuse to show half naked dead women on TV and people being violently violated. There is enough of that on A&E and the news.

We need more shows about people in their teepees listening to records.

• i personally dont watch this show but i know some people who do. i like soulstut.

right now we're chilling and i wanted to make a post that we would dig because we are chilling;

now.

she does not want to talk about law and order. she just wants to watch it. and i want to listen to gertrude stein spoken word records on folkways so what does that make me? an asshole and a freak basically but its all good.

later days dude.

ap

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    SVU all the way for me (and this might seem like a terrible reason) but the SVU staff is way more wreckless, beating suspects asses and what not, and i assume that would be a more realistic response based on the sensitive nature of the cases they work (child molestation, rape). not that it's a good thing, but it makes for damn entertaining television.

also (imho) the cast is so strong. meloni is pretty fuckin awesome, he's literally stolen the show in everything he's ever been in. i think he lends a certain amount of humanity to the role as well, they interject his personal life just enough.

Ice-T is nice for comedic relief, I guess. I'm just happy to hear him talking shit in any context. He's great at what he does.

i'd tap

I liked alex better than the new(er) ada. the new chick annoys me.

i'd tap

but you're right about one thing.
    criminal intent sucks big time.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

I'm suprised that no one is offended by the fact that the sole purpose of the Asian guy is to rattle off a bunch of science info the minute everyone needs it.

• I AM TOTALLY OFFENDED BY THIS

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I AM TOTALLY OFFENDED BY YOU BEING OFFENDED BY THAT

• all l & o suck now. svu sucks. elevator patrol or whatever sucks.

the show had it's heydey from 91-99 or 2000 everything since then is garbage.

probably the best days were with bricoe, ben bratt (or mike noth), sam waterson and jill hennesie.

• all l & o suck now. svu sucks. elevator patrol or whatever sucks.

probably the best days were with bricoe, ben bratt (or mike noth), sam waterson and jill hennesie.

A BOLD STATEMENT.

I LIKE A MAN WHO SPEAKS HIS MIND.

• I AM TOTALLY OFFENDED BY YOU BEING OFFENDED BY THAT

SO YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THE FACT THAT I AM OFFENDED?

THAT ABSOLUTELY OFFENDS ME!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    all l & o suck now. svu sucks. elevator patrol or whatever sucks.

you might be right. i only watch reruns on cable.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I AM TOTALLY OFFENDED BY YOU BEING OFFENDED BY THAT

SO YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THE FACT THAT I AM OFFENDED?

THAT ABSOLUTELY OFFENDS ME!

Plaese to refrain from slurs, uber "beefs" and offensive board filler. [/b]

by the way there's one episode of SVU where fin and munch go undercover and fin's doing all the talking and munch is just playing the back and when the dude they're trying to uncover the illegal child prostitution ring from asks what munch's deal is the iceman responds he's my jew

GUZZO ODAFIN TUTUOLA BEEF! GO!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

WHATS YOUR OPINION?

The original originals. Like back in the day with Prosecutor Jack or that big head bald guy, and the guy with the hife, and the fat sterotypical Italian guy, and "Big" aka Chris Noth.

Yeah... real names. Except it's CHRIS Noth. But he's all tainted from Sex and the City now.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    [color:red]CHUNK CHUNK[/color][/b]

• For sure the original is better, it's all about Jerry Orbach's(RIP) one liners, they make the show. Got caught up yesterday with my girl watching for two hours. I think it was the first appearance of the pock marked dude from SVU.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    1) Fuck that, Chris Noth coming back is some hot shit. I don't like CI but I'll watch the next season.

2) The OG L&O is always classic but frankly, SVU has better casting these days. For one thing, Mariska is FYRE. She's Jane Mansfield's daughter, what do you expect.

3) And oh yeah: Det. Munch. That's it, that's all.

4) Volumen - dude, B.D. Wong's character is far more than "the science nerd." He's a psychologist and frankly, I find his character to be one of the LEAST stereotypical for an Asian American on television today. I mean, sure, I wish he'd go primary through a door sometime, 9mm in hand, but he's not like the L&O designated physicist or accountant. He's a shrink - that's pretty cool by me. I'm actually surprised you'd find his character problematic. Hell, Ice T is far more stereotypical in his role in comparison.

5) Best L&O pairing is most definitely Jerry Orbach and Chris Noth. Hands-down.

3) And oh yeah: Det. Munch. That's it, that's all.

I completely forgot. and I loved (seriously) how they ported him over from... what was it, "Homicide"?

4) Volumen - dude, B.D. Wong's character is far more than "the science nerd." He's a psychologist and frankly, I find his character to be one of the LEAST stereotypical for an Asian American on television today. I mean, sure, I wish he'd go primary through a door sometime, 9mm in hand, but he's not like the L&O designated physicist or accountant. He's a shrink - that's pretty cool by me. I'm actually surprised you'd find his character problematic. Hell, Ice T is far more stereotypical in his role in comparison.

All true. And it's good. But let's not forget to blame him for all the other stereotypical roles he's held prior.

5) Best L&O pairing is most definitely Jerry Orbach and Chris Noth. Hands-down.

Yeah.... definitely tops. Brisco was dope all the way around (RIP), and Chris Noth had that sullen, seen-it-all cop attitude. Both well played. I find the earlier pairings much more interesting that the newer parings... I can't think of their names. The newer guys (like the black guy... shit. the nicer one) ... he just doesn't do it for me. Chris Noth just had the attitude and the look.

They usually try to inject some family-esque shit into the characters - I don't like that. I thought when they did that with Jack's character way back - how he kept talking about his dad - it was obnoxious. Lenny's could've been cut out a little but it did give a good backdrop for his cynicism.

• i love the random cameos/special guest casting on the original series... i remember shelia e. was a mom on one episode, and in another episode kevin smith showed up as a loading dock worker for all of 30 seconds.

"ripped from today's headlines"............

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Graf,

I think you nail it on the head: Noth's character was the most interesting, particularly in contrast to Briscoe. They had the perfect pairing - both were jaded but in different ways and though there was a clear age difference, they didn't feel like a new cop/old cop pairing. Det. Curtis and Green, in contrast, feel very young and not remotely that interesting.

Personally, i liked how they subbed in Michael Imperioli for a few epps this season, who I liked seeing alongside Fontana, but mostly because I thought it's funny that dude would go from playing a NJ mobster to a NY cop. All they needed was someone getting shot in the foot.

By the way, which previous B.D. Wong roles were that stereotypical?

• someone please shed some light on the law and order films made. there were a few over the years but i dont know the titles...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    my rank of best assistant to the executive assitant district attorney(jack mcCoy)

1. carey lowell (she became a bond girl, who knew she'd have so much potential)
    2. Jill Hennessey (OG)
    3. Elizabeth Rohn (she later got bounced cause her character was a lesbian, wth?)
    4. Angie Harmon (decent but compared to the rest she comes in last)
    5. were there any others

-rich

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Fuck Law and Order

I want them to bring back Homicide Life on the Streets.

They actually did one of those crossover shows with Law and Order and it was the only Law and Order I ever liked.

• I do like SVU. Ice-T is meh, but still, I like the show.