Sons of Anarchy

CherChezLaPLANCherChezLaPLAN 340 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
Anyone here watch this?

I just finished watching the season 3 finale and I must say that this has become one of my favorite television shows. This episode was GREAT and tied up a lot of loose ends while opening up a quite a few new things for next season...SAMCRO's time in jail...the fallout with the Russians...Unser's sickness.

If you're into television dramas I suggest checking this out...way more than just a biker show.

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yes, i've been digging this series since the first episode broke. It's another reason why FX is such a good station for shows

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Ha! I was just about to see if anyone on here watches this too. Just finished the S3 finale and I have to say, the show really keeps "upping" the ante on their finales (though I found last season's to be kind of convoluted).

Killer show - I do think a lot of its appeal lies in pulp (not a criticism, btw) - but goddamn, it is fun and addictive to watch.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I got hooked watching season 1 & 2. waiting for season 3 to start showing here so i can get my fix...

the ending of season 2 was full on and left me hanging for the next one to start....

Alot of dudes down under havent caught on to it yet, which is strange cus biker culture is big down here, but maybe its cus its shown on cable and not free to air....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    seasons 1-2 just showed up at my doorstep yesterday
    keeping them under wraps until xmas (aka the end of my masters thesis)
    can't wait

• Options
    I recorded last nights episode, but was treated to a nice fat spoiler on facebook this morning. Great show though. Never saw season 1.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    At the end of season 2 I was a little perplexed and disappointed. The IRA guy is running off to Ireland with Jax's baby? I thought how the fuck are they going to finish that off and be realistic. Shit they went to Ireland this season and tore it up. Wow. As Oliver pointed out, they are really raising the bar each season.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Now I can't wait for next season...SAMCRO in Prison? should be interesting.

"you should really have some of this?"

OMINOUS.

• LokoOne said:
    I got hooked watching season 1 & 2. waiting for season 3 to start showing here so i can get my fix....
    Why Wait?

djdaze said:

They could take it there...or just one of those "13 months later" time jumps.

FX-related..."Terriers" closed out well but man, I'll be bummed if they don't renew this.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    season one has just started here & I am digging it.

Katy Segal was BEASTING that season.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    she was pretty ruthless, smacking that other chick in the face with the skateboard & all. changed my perception of her as an actress (Married With Children/Futurama) lol

• Anyone have a spot to DL or stream the latest season of Dexter please??

holmes said:
    she was pretty ruthless, smacking that other chick in the face with the skateboard & all. changed my perception of her as an actress (Married With Children/Futurama) lol

Seriously, Segal MURKED Peggy Bundy's memory within 1-2 episodes. HOw she got passed over for an Emmy is astounding.

Unfortunately, her character becomes more uneven in Seasons 2 and 3, especially as they begin to focus on other characters but Gemma is still one of the best things about that show. But overall, the casting was incredible - there's hardly a weak one in the bunch (though I'm not a big fan of Opie; that actor mostly just looks "troubled" all the time and it's the only speed he seems to drive at).

• SPOILERS

I can't lie...I was a little disappointed to see Stahl get killed. I know she was the main antagonist and it was bound to happen, but I really liked her character. Though, I suspect that one of her superiors will come into the picture to investigate her death and also fill the void of her character.

• Yuck, stahl aka the profiler, is one of those people that bothers me for some unknown reason. Something about her face us bothersome and tip that off with her being a terrible person on that show and Shea just so unlikeabke. Yea, that makes for a good character. I guess it's just hard to shake her cheesiness and her profiler cheese past.

Whats the back story on the dog and tig and new dude? So weird.

Opie is starting to look like rob zombie.

SOA and breaking bad should win emmies for most unrealistic depiction of babies. Both shows had newborns that were basically no trouble at all. On breaking bad the baby hardly needed to be watched by anyone and it never made a sound.

I kind if liked the whole twist of the finale. They lost me a little in Ireland. I loved how they started the seasons. Kind of started boring and had me rethinking my interest and then boom, Gemma, boom, hale. Crazy.

• Sorry for all the type-o's. I typed it on my phone.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    so I just finally got to see the finale (I watch it "on-demand" and it runs like 2 weeks behind airdate) and could come in here to see what people thought and can't believe NO mention of Flynn's JAMESON JUICE BOX??? did nobody see it?? oh man I lost it when I saw that shit. ahahhaha.

ha.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    djdaze said:

They could take it there...or just one of those "13 months later" time jumps.

FX-related..."Terriers" closed out well but man, I'll be bummed if they don't renew this.

My boy Rockmond was in that and they in fact did NOT renew it. I hear they're looking at him for one of the roles in Walking Dead though.

SoulOnIce said:
    so I just finally got to see the finale (I watch it "on-demand" and it runs like 2 weeks behind airdate) and could come in here to see what people thought and can't believe NO mention of Flynn's JAMESON JUICE BOX??? did nobody see it?? oh man I lost it when I saw that shit. ahahhaha.

ha.

http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/2010/12/02/Viewers-Gang-Up-On-Fake-Sons-of-Anarachy-Product-Placement.aspx

• i just got into this. decided to try to jump in whole hog and try to body the whole first season in a sitting. turns out the show isn't bad at all.

pretty enjoyable characters. i always thought this show would be one of those things madison avenue invented to make fat dudes think they're cool, like shows about building motorcycles or the NFL.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    season 2 is by far the best. couple of the seasons are kind of duds. overall an enoyable show.