Milton Wright - Friends and Buddies OG check

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
I'm usually a pro at this, but this is a 1975 record, and I'm less sure about manufacturing methods this late in the game. What I'm looking at is probably a 90s reissue. It's got a semi-gloss jacket, is "white inside," has an inner sleeve with rounded corners, and the tell-tale signs of concentric label application.

At the same time, most of those elements might have crept into the industry as modernization and cost-saving manufacturing replaced, say, the paste-ons and square-cornered inners. Compounding the evidence is a legitimately age-worn cover replete with ring-wear, old-style pricing code on the spine, and - I wince when I mention this - a moderately-failed smell-test. There is no "re" in the dead wax, but there is an indecipherable signature.

What say you folks?

Comments

• i say that this whole post should be etched into the front page of the strut as some form of primer.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i say that this whole post should be etched into the front page of the strut as some form of primer.

You should read my "ten reissue commandments" that I posted here a few years back. I'm still proud of that one. It includes moderately deep reflections on vintage versus modern shrinkwrap.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    It is possible that they moved away from the heavy cardboard stock and started using the heavy white paper stock, but all the TK/Alston product I own from that year on had square plain white inner sleeves or the square blue and white TK repeat inner sleeves if they didn't come with special inserts or lyric sheets.