Poptarts that don’t deserve to listen to rap

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Dizzy Gillespie hated Coltrane, most early jazz cats probably weren't too fond of funk.

sorry homee, but you can NOT compare jazz and hip hop. Nothing even close. I know people wil argue this to their death, but the two, regardless of slight similarities with politics, cannot be compared to each other as a likeness.

Two completely different genres, times, places, yes. but I was not directly comparing jazz and hiphop. Just the overall movements in culture. I could just as easily have illustrated the point by citing how Chuck D wasn't feeling Kanye, or how Dre basically isn't feeling anything out there right now (according to his interview with Scratch). It's all connected.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

GO BRASIL !!!!!

futbol owns the NFL
    where are female fans like that stateside ??

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    well if you want to talk about Modernism and all that goodness you have what that big fat art critic Robert Hughes called "The Shock of The New". Basically boiling down to all forms of art will polarise viewers while it is new. A large percentage will hate on anything new and an equally large percentage will champion the new.

At the root of both positions is the fact that it is an EQUAL falacy to reject something for its newness as it is to champion something for its historical significance and vice versa.

the entire concept of a golden age in any genre or field is pure drivel.