FLIMSY UK MAILERS...

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
UK DUDES ARE STRAIGHT TRIPPING.

STOP USING THEM. ANYTHING YOU CAN BEND IN HALF WITH 2 FINGERS WILL NOT PROTECT A RECORD IN THE POST.

ALSO A VG- IS NOT A "UK EX". WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT, YOU UK MUTHERFUCKERS HAVE YOUR OWN SYSTEM OF RATING RECORDS NOW.

PISSED OFF.

END OF RANT.

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Yeah UK dudes only use two grades; anything not store stock mint is automatically a VG+ to them, no matter what it looks like.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I HATE those mailers too. Can you not get 200 LB test Corrugated Cardboard in Europe?

:dodododo:

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    They cut all of their trees down.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'm pissed off Rockadelic (peace brother, I owe you), send me a copy of Roy Ayers "He's Coming" for FREE in VG- condition, I just paid postage. He said I could have it until a better copy comes along... would you believe his copy comes in at in my eyes at standard VG+ (we got the same grading bro). I was like *WOW*. Good people exist still, with good grading. So I'm like cool.

And the next copy comes in a day later and mister "70 pounds including postage" umming and ahhing, saying it's a "UK EX" comes in at a VG- at best, with a bent ass cover cuz it was in that flimsy ass UK mailer. Even when I lived in Scotland, I would throw those things in the bin. The cardboard he put in there is a joke, he may as well put 2 pieces of newspaper. I remember using one of those mailers once though, and I used that THICK ASS cardboard....

Dude sent me a picture of the cover, it had ringwear, I shoulda known at the time, but whatever.... there's sound all over the record, scratches you can feel with your finger and I think it's a later press even (Rocs one is on thicker vinyl...), etc. I am not impressed. Hopefully homeboy takes the record back or send me some mutherfuggin' pounds or something in the meantime, cuz I'm pissed off... or maybe I'll just put him on blast.

Thanks Rocadelic, I owe you.

peace.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

And they do have a cardboard rations cus of the war.... :-)

BTW- Sheep....name names brah... its always more fun that way....

LokoOne said:
    Reynaldo said:

And they do have a cardboard rations cus of the war.... :-)

BTW- Sheep....name names brah... its always more fun that way....

The only name I'll name at this point is Rockadelic. This place is a community. He came through. So everyone, support him, his grading is totally on the same level as I pride mine on.... so

I'll wait to hear back from hommie in the UK before I put him on blast.

b

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    RAJ said:
    I HATE those mailers too. Can you not get 200 LB test Corrugated Cardboard in Europe?

:dodododo:

it's not europe!!! it's the U.K.! europe has proper mailers, goddamn!!!

Europe got the DOPE mailers. I had this CRAZY one from Europe recently, shit looked like a transformer and the cardboard was harder than my willy on a good night.

• NEVER have understood this...for a country that probably has the the BIGGEST 45 fetish in the entire world...their mailers are absolute shit. I dont get it, you would think they would pack those things up in steel.

• A few months ago I bought an og copy of the "Ego Tripping" 12" in top condition, something I had wanted for some time, from a UK dude through discogs... it came completely destroyed in that flimsy mailer, which he defended through and through. Terrible experience. Still angry, probably always will be whenever I think of it. Pointless destruction of great records.

• The_Hook_Up said:
    NEVER have understood this...for a country that probably has the the BIGGEST 45 fetish in the entire world...their mailers are absolute shit. I dont get it, you would think they would pack those things up in steel.

I've had a couple of big ticket items come from the UK over the years and sweated bullets every time waiting for them to show up in those shitty things.
    So far, so good, but considering the condition I've seen mail arrive in, I've been incredibly lucky.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I can draw around a US mailer with marker pen and upload the scan to wiki commons. Then I guess we would need to start a cardboard fund, because as Rey said, they chopped down all their trees for firewood.

This is not the service based economy that Maggie had in mind. It's more like some former Eastern Bloc country. No, in fact last time I got records from Romania, they at least wrapped the LPs in newspaper tied with string before sticking them in the manila envelope.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    B....glad the LP arrived.....I wouldn't sell a record in that condition....not even graded VG-...who wants to spend their money on scratched up crapola.

I even thought the postage alone was too much for that LP....but until a better copy comes along.

If people are grading that as VG+ I'm glad I don't buy records on the internets

Rockadelic said:
    B....glad the LP arrived.....I wouldn't sell a record in that condition....not even graded VG-...who wants to spend their money on scratched up crapola.

I even thought the postage alone was too much for that LP....but until a better copy comes along.

If people are grading that as VG+ I'm glad I don't buy records on the internets

Roc. You are a legend. As someone who doesn't buy records much online at all anymore (for the grading issue, in Japan a MINT is unplayed, an EX is unplayed, a VG+ is pretty much unplayed). That was a blessing in disguise. If I had a diggin' Karma you were it. I honestly would say what you sent me is better than anyone I've encountered online would pass as a VG+. Most would be like weak EX, very minor scuffs. Cover EX condition, slight wear. Nice copy. ;)

The other dude, and I sorted it out, amicably, however it started hostile. It was like WW3 of He's Coming (no homo).

anyhows, I might promote my blog here again; http://www.bulletproofcrates.com

and also SS, I will be posting up photos of my upcoming China / Japan invasions... so watch out!