Atomic Forest - Obsession 77'

BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Anybody got any more cuts from this album? I have the one song that is on the Obsession comp by Bully. That song has the meanest set of drums on there. Is the entire Atomic Forest - Obsession 77' like that? Anyone? Horseleech your holding all the copies hostage right?

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Looks like Egon just realeased some more from Keith Kanga and Atomic forest.

- spidey

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    SPlDEY said:

Looks like Egon just realeased some more from Keith Kanga and Atomic forest.

- spidey

whoa, how ironic. 2lp copped.

• It's a frustrating album because half of it is amazing and half of it straight up blows. And other than the title cut it's all covers.

It looks like Eothen put the cover of 'Mary Long' on there, which really kicks ass and sounds like Blue Cheer with a weird singer. There is also a great cover of 'Jesus Is Just Alright' and all tunes have that killer drum sound.

I do have a nice condition spare for trade, but nobody has come up with a decent offer (I don't want funk 45s). Mexican Pressing of La Kabala anyone? OG Gerecao Bendita?

• looks like egon decided to reissue it:

http://www.hhv.de/item_256633.html

• bobtheorange said:
    looks like egon decided to reissue it:

http://www.hhv.de/item_256633.html

Funny, it's not on the Now Again site yet, at least not that I could find.

Eothen told me that this wasn't going to be a straight re, but rather a collection of the best cuts from that album with some other related material. Should be cool either way.

• Checking promo copies of the vinyl and CD right now and it's pretty impressive - I know this project meant a lot to Eothen and it shows in the production.

It's the good cuts from Obsession '77, some cuts from "Hit Film Themes", which was done by an earlier version of the band, and some mellow live jams that OG singer Madhu had recorded on cassette. The only quality cut from Obsession '77 that isn't here is a killer "Jesus Is Just Alright". Apparently the OG release was mastered a little fast (it always sounded that way to me), and this is speed corrected.

Beautiful packaging, extensive liners/photos etc - anyone interested in this album should cop when this drops in a month or so. It's pretty cool to read about the 70's rock scene in India, which has otherwise gone completely undocumented.