ah, fusk it, here we go - THE GOOD WIFE

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I've been hooked on this show from episode one, but I'm always wary of hyping it/talking about anywhere, never mind HERE, for the obvious reasons of it being too mainstream/popular/"chick flick"/network/emmy-bait/etc ... but here's the thing: IT REALLY IS THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION.

I don't expect people to agree, but anyone who *really* watches this show knows just how good it is. Cast, plots, dialogue, characters - all top-notch. They follow the very important (and often ignored these days) TV rule of making every episode able to stand alone, with a plot specific to that ep, despite the never-ending back stories and character development.

Sometimes I feel like, no, it's too smug, too sure of it's own "smartness" but I feel like the perfection is in how it really is just another TV show ... about lawyers for chrissakes, the cliches are all in place and it's 2 steps away from being L.A. LAW 2010 ... but the quality at every level is so high that it's that rare program which gets the genre so right it's no longer tired. Think Seinfeld and the sitcom.

Besides, I love me some Kalinda.

Comments

• I don't watch it regularly, but what I have seen has been pretty good. I hate that people automatically assume that it's going to be a "chick show" just because the main character(s) are female.

• Options
    For network TV it's very good, but a few aspects of it are stupid beyond belief. Some of the legal plotlines are purely retarded, such as how complicated cases seem to go immediately to trial every other week. That just doesn't happen in real life, ever.

The kids annoy the shit out of me. They're ridiculously naive in ways that kids in their socioeconomic group shouldn't be. They're teenagers, they're not 8 year olds.

But again, it's network TV, so they're limited in what they can do. Most of the cast does a great job and Kallinda's a unique character. I'm glad they made Alan Cumming a regular.

One more complaint - if they go to the "viral video making an impact on a race for a mid-level political office" bit again I'm gonna be pissed.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Pure MLJ: "it's very good - here are 20 things that suck about it!"

• Options
    Pure M*rk. I agree with him that it's a good show, but I don't think the sun shines out of its ass, so blah blah blah exaggeration exaggeration petulant conclusion.

You're right, I'm wrong, "The Good Wife" makes Hamlet look like "Two And A Half Men." Happy now?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

dude you can't post [del]thrift shop "BLOOPERS" records[/del] "The Good Wife" and not expect to take some ribbing over it, jeez.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ^^ I said I expected to take some ribbing over it, bro-guy ^^

I am surprised that there's not more "I like it" or "I hate it" replies though. I figured for a more polarized conversation. oh well, you guys can bump this thread in 6 months when you borrow the DVDs from your Sister and realize what a good show you were missing.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    oh well, you guys can bump this thread in 6 months when you borrow the DVDs from your Sister and realize what a good show you were missing.

LMAO! All jokes aside, I've had several people tell me it is a good show.