Ghostface is killing it on Twitter

asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Do the Knowledge (read bottom up)

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    From a few days ago:

• Those are from his book that came out a couple years ago. I honestly don't even think it's him writing those. I bet somebody opened an acct with his name and is retyping his quotes.

• I just read that pasteurization is what causes all the bellyaches with milk. Hm!!! I never knew!

The heat kills lactobacilli and bifidibacteria - which both produce lactase (what helps you digest the milk). The heat of pasteurization kills both the (good) bacterias and destroys the enzymes too. So you get lactose intolerance!

I thought that was interesting.

Even though I don't drink milk. Because puke smelling watery opaque liquid squeezed out of a bovines teets is not a remotely appealing beverage to me.

But for those who like that stuff, raw milk is the way to go I guess. Someone should tweet him. However that works.

• I thought the washing order would be Arm Leg Leg Arm Head for the Wu.

• Those are actually verbatim transcriptions from the CD that came with his book, which is one of the most incredible things I've ever heard.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    brokenrecord said:
    I just read that pasteurization is what causes all the bellyaches with milk. Hm!!! I never knew!

The heat kills lactobacilli and bifidibacteria - which both produce lactase (what helps you digest the milk). The heat of pasteurization kills both the (good) bacterias and destroys the enzymes too. So you get lactose intolerance!

Even though I don't drink milk. Because puke smelling watery opaque liquid squeezed out of a bovines teets is not a remotely appealing beverage to me.

But for those who like that stuff, raw milk is the way to go I guess. Someone should tweet him. However that works.

This is false. Don't use Ghostface as a go-to for info about science.

• If there's an outbreak of listeriosis, do we count Ghostface as patient zero?

• The_Non said:
    brokenrecord said:
    I just read that pasteurization is what causes all the bellyaches with milk. Hm!!! I never knew!

What is false?

That raw milk contains lactobacilli and bifidibacteria? It does.

That lactobacilli and bifidibacteria produce lactase? They do.

That lactase aids in milk digestion? It does.

That pasteurization kills those bacteria? It does.

That people who are diagnosed as lactose intolerant often can drink raw milk with no problems? And it's been studied and proved?

I just know a lot of people LOVE milk. But can't drink the industrial dead version. I don't like to hear about people crapping their pants in their car! lol.

• dwyhajlo said:
    If there's an outbreak of listeriosis, do we count Ghostface as patient zero?
    Yes yes, the marketing message of the giant, filthy factory farms IS much more persuasive than science. I know.

And deli meat contains way more listeria than raw milk. But bet you still eat that?

I guess I'm biased because I grew up drinking raw milk. And come from a family of raw milk drinkers. Most small farmers happily drink their own raw milk - to no ill effect.

I always knew it was fine. I just didn't know it eased lactose intolerance! Yay!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    brokenrecord said:
    The_Non said:
    brokenrecord said:

What is false?

That raw milk contains lactobacilli and bifidibacteria? It does. YES

That lactobacilli and bifidibacteria produce lactase? They do. YES
    That lactase aids in milk digestion? It does. DUH

That pasteurization kills those bacteria? It does. DUH

That people who are diagnosed as lactose intolerant often can drink raw milk with no problems? And it's been studied and proved? Sometimes, Sure. FREQUENTLY? NO. It still has lactose in it.

I just know a lot of people LOVE milk. But can't drink the industrial dead version. I don't like to hear about people crapping their pants in their car! lol.

• love dude's music.

his tweats gross tho.