My Wife's Weird Stalker Situation. Funny? Serious?

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Here's the deal. My wife manages a medical office. She had to hire a new office worker and had about 100 applicants. Well, one of the applicants that didn't even make it through to the interview process became very disgruntled. He has been harassing her via phone calls, both cell and office, and emails. Now for the week that this has been going on she has been telling me what he says in these messages. So me being the hot-head that I am, I've been boiling over this since first mention. My wife is extremely attractive and gets unwanted attention all the time so I've learned to deal with that but this just got to me cause of her being at work and me not there to protect her. Today it got to the point where my wife's superiors convince her to get the police involved. The office had there tech guy come in to make files of the calls. She sent them to me and low & behold, the guy is super duper gay. I have no problem with gay people, at all, but I can't help but think that the threat is about 1/3 as serious as I thought at first. I just can't take the whole situation too serious now. I'm not saying that just cause he's gay that he's less of a threat but hearing all these "threatening, creepy" messages being said with the "gay lisp", he has it real bad, I just can't take it serious or remain worried. What do you guys and gals (yes, you Bassie. Please comment.) think of this situation?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Andrew Cunanan.
    This is a terrible look btw, you might wanna adjust your mindset a bit.

• why do you assume gay people or people who speak with a lisp are not capable of carrying out their threats or being violent?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Why discriminate? Dude needs an ass-whupping just like any straight dude in the same situation would. Shoulda took care of him before the cops got involved.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Shoulda took care of him before the cops got involved.

at the very least, you should have consulted with the "neighbourhood elders"

• Hit him with your purse!

b/w

I agree with The Non.

crabmongerfunk said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Shoulda took care of him before the cops got involved.

at the very least, you should have consulted with the "neighbourhood elders"

No, go back and read your manual. Dude is an outsider, thus no need to consult the committee...unless that is, you are feeling the need to form a posse to back you up on your mission.

• yeah man, any threats should be taken serious man, whether its from the 13yr old down the street or some gay dude, threats are threats regardless of which way you look at it.....i would get the police involved and i would follow through with whatever has to be done to make it stop as soon as possible.

anyone in the right or wrong mindframe can be a serious threat to anyone, dont sleep on it Breez, its real and its happening in front of your face dude, time for you to put on yer game face i think, just my opinion...

um not saying hunt the streets for dude, or make threats back get the fuzz involved and take care of business imho..

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'm not the only gal on here!

My guess is you were fixated on it being sexual stalking and now that that kind of threat is gone you are relieved and are not considering the angry stalking angle.
    Anyone acting in this manner needs to be taken seriously.
    Dude needs to be served (by the cops).

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Administer beat-down regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, or sexual orientation.

• What?! I could've sworn Bassie was gonna give you a verbal stomping for your homophobic stereotyping.

Thingth thure ain't the thame thethe dayth.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Oh brother.

Why repeat what has already been said?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    audio or stfu

• meh! on the beat down part.....violence with violence is bullshit, and gets you nowhere....maybe for those looking to boost their masculinity and let their inner "tough guy" persona out but this is the real world....

beat the shit out of the guy and you may get caught up in some shit you cant handle...deal with it the proper way and you come out on top and a much better person because of it..just saying...an adult approach is going to get you further then resorting to some shit you would do if you were 15 again...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    bassie said:

Damn, I was hoping you were gonna suggest a hardcore street dance-off.

• bassie said:
    Oh brother.

Why repeat what has already been said?

you two should stop sniping at one another and just kiss already.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dont fuck with my family.

• red bull style beat battle

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    bassie said:

My guess is you were fixated on it being sexual stalking and now that that kind of threat is gone you are relieved and are not considering the angry stalking angle.
    Anyone acting in this manner needs to be taken seriously.

I totally agree. Thanks. This whole thing just through me for a loop. I understand this does sound bad but it just weirded me out when I heard the messages. And NO I don't think all gay people don't talk with a lisp but this dude does and I can't help but laugh because it's so over the top.

Also, I can see that this is a touchy subject for some of you (I can't understand why. I'm not attacking, making fun of or degrading anyone.) so if any mods want to delete or lock this thread go ahead. I got the advice I was after. Thanks guys. And to anyone upset, loosen your panties a bit.

dj_cityboy said:
    meh! on the beat down part.....violence with violence is bullshit, and gets you nowhere....maybe for those looking to boost their masculinity and let their inner "tough guy" persona out but this is the real world....

beat the shit out of the guy and you may get caught up in some shit you cant handle...deal with it the proper way and you come out on top and a much better person because of it..just saying...an adult approach is going to get you further then resorting to some shit you would do if you were 15 again...

Ain't about age or maturity. It's about principle. If someone is threatening my family, I'm taking care of it myself, at least until I realize I might be in over my head and in need of some additional help. Plus, in these types of situations, cops are often able to run some interference but aren't always able to dish out any tangible consequences. You yourself on the other hand...

b/w

You likely wouldn't have done shit when you were 15 either.

• HarveyCanal said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    meh! on the beat down part.....violence with violence is bullshit, and gets you nowhere....maybe for those looking to boost their masculinity and let their inner "tough guy" persona out but this is the real world....

Ain't about age or maturity. It's about principle. If someone is threatening my family, I'm taking care of it myself, at least until I realize I might be in over my head and in need of some additional help. Plus, in these types of situations, cops are often able to run some interference but aren't always able to dish out any tangible consequences. You yourself on the other hand...

b/w

Be real. If you give this guy a beat down he would probably sue and possibly win millions of dollars.

Part of taking care of your family is financial security, which you would throw out the window by beating his ass.

Sad but true state of affairs ca. 2010.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    It is a hard situation because, yes it is family but it's in the work place and the last thing I want to do is cause trouble there. Don't get me wrong, I'd knock his ass out just like anyone else but then where would that get me. It started in a professional place so I guess it should be handled in a professional manner. I have been on my P's & Q's since it started and any threat is serious. This is just one of them situations that's pretty out of the ordinary, for me at least.

I wasn't asking what you think of me, I was asking what you think or what would you do in this situation considering all the factors.

• So the lithp wasn't funny when you thought he was straight??

• yeah but again regardless of the princple of it, it still isnt right, dealing with it the proper way by calling the cops is the correct thing to do, whether its family or your neighbor...if it was a 15 yr old beating up your kid would you run over to the kids house and beat the shit out of him? because from your post i gather thats what you would do...

i agree that the cops at times can be less then helpful, but filing a report puts the shit on paper and creates a paper trail of the events as they transpire, and it might just be what freeks him out and stops the bullshit..

HarveyCanal said:

this isnt about me and what i would have done 21yrs ago, you dont know me so your comment is irrelevant in this situation....tis alright mate, um just saying that i dont agree with your ways of dealing with it, so therefore "I'll" agree to disagree with you, you can be the one wondering wtf to do when breez calls you looking to get a bail out after taking your advice...

• Breez said:
    the guy is super duper gay.

calling another guy gay and using "super duper" in the same sentence

:necessary:

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Herm said:
    So the lithp wasn't funny when you thought he was straight??

If you meant "lisp" then Hell Yes it was funny. What are you trying to say exactly? I don't give a damn if the next man is gay or not. Just don't fuck with my family. I ain't time to worry about other people, I'm a grown ass man!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    dj_cityboy said:

b/w

Be real. If you give this guy a beat down he would probably sue and possibly win millions of dollars.

Part of taking care of your family is financial security, which you would throw out the window by beating his ass.

Sad but true state of affairs ca. 2010.

Dont get caught. Duh.

How would he know it was u?

Bumrushing dude is sillyness. There are alt ways of handling dude.

All his info should be available. Its not that hard.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:

i agree that the cops at times can be less then helpful,

Understatement.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    just cant believe some of you are in your 30s. holy shit.

It ain't just my way. It's the most common way. This run and get the cops over anything is actually the new way. And as someone who thinks cops are more often than not ineffective/misguided assholes and that the jails are already too repressively full...bladow straight to dude's domepiece. And I doubt he's going to win a lawsuit for getting beat down by a wife's husband off of repeatedly threatening her...i.e. your perceived world is one that truly sucks.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    you can be the one wondering wtf to do when breez calls you looking to get a bail out after taking your advice...

lmao