Tokyo Strut

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Hey all,

I'm making my first trip to Tokyo in December and wanted to ask what the essential spots are. I'll be there for a week, but will mostly be working during the day. I'll have nights pretty much free and one full day free to roam. I know this has been discussed a good amount and I went through some old threads, but figured I'd throw it out there again for a fresh perspective. Sounds like Disc Union is a good spot for records... any more suggestions? Thanks brethren.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Everything that needs to be said about Japan has been covered in and out of those threads day in day out.

If you're there for a week, and it's your first time.

Disk Union + The Record Map and just wander Shibuya, you'll be good.

peace.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Cool... I'll take some notes in those threads. Thanks man. I think it's funny that I've been working for a Japanese company for 5 years and this will be my first trip to Japan!

• ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Def. Disk Unions in Shinjuku, Shibuya.
    City Country City and Hiyoko in Shimokita, Face in Udagawacho, Kichioto in Nakano...depends on what you're after!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Have fun, homie!

b/w

PM sent of my top Japanese LP want at the moment.

NachoManCandySandwich said:
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Def. Disk Unions in Shinjuku, Shibuya.
    City Country City and Hiyoko in Shimokita, Face in Udagawacho, Kichioto in Nakano...depends on what you're after!

I'm there Dec 5 - 10. Thanks for the tips... I'm mostly after funk and soul 45s and Brazilian records these days.

A**m... got your PM... will be on the lookout.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Disk union in shibuya is gone ! :(

Disk Union HIP-HOP in Shibuya is gone.

Also, I'll be in Tokyo on those dates, we should meet up, I'll be out there diggin' every day all day....

b

djsheep said:
    Disk Union HIP-HOP in Shibuya is gone.

Also, I'll be in Tokyo on those dates, we should meet up, I'll be out there diggin' every day all day....

b

Dope! PM sent

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Really i thought the whole thing closed. Good to know

yeah, nah i heard they've actually combined the hip-hop and house sections and moved it up where the punk section was, and the rock section now takes up L1 and L2... basement is still the place to be... I'm saving cashola like a muddafuckca right now... xmas time is ALWAYS sales time...

but yeah, i'll miss that hip-hop section, the hommie Arks and I spent damn near every weekend for 2 years up in there!

b