One is on Andee

http://bit.ly/adBRoY

Is the Andee one a modern reissue?

SOMEBODY HEEEEELP ME

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    No. Braekz!

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    how so? the copy I just bought looks so minty fresh... i'm suspicious I tells ya

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    From Funky 16 Corners Blog:

I haven???t been able to track down much in the way of concrete info on Bird Rollins. Though he???s backed by the New Jersey Burners (dig those tasty breaks) on ???Do It To It??? (originally issued on Andee) he appears to hail from the south. He recorded two 45s for the Calla label in the early 70???s, and for a couple of other imprints (Rol Cal, Magnet, Disco) into the disco era.

AWW YEAH

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Not seeing why this would get re-issued as it's worth about a fiver. But Calla is a NYC label and Andee is Florida. It was probably released on one before the other. If a record was a local hit, it might get picked up by another label in a different region.

It's funny what % of google searches lead back to F16. Maybe Larry needs a Mozilla extension for the search bar - Google/Bing/Funky16Corners

• SportCasual said:
    Not seeing why this would get re-issued as it's worth about a fiver. But Calla is a NYC label and Andee is Florida. It was probably released on one before the other. If a record was a local hit, it might get picked up by another label in a different region.

It's funny what % of google searches lead back to F16. Maybe Larry needs a Mozilla extension for the search bar - Google/Bing/Funky16Corners

One of you intertubes wranglers needs to tell me how to monetize this effort.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    Not seeing why this would get re-issued as it's worth about a fiver

well... yes... that's what I thought

thanks for the info though mr funky16corners