Demos That Rule.

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I've been on the lookout for cool demos from popular records on the net lately.

Post some cool shit you've heard that Rule.

I'm Feeling this unnamed tune from the Police - Ghosts in the Machine Demos

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Human Nature Demo

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Human nature was originally a song steve porcaro (toto) wrote for his daughter, who was being picked on at school .

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• There are some Jimi Hendrix solo 4-track demos a friend taped me years ago that apparently got issued via a guitar magazine. In one of the tracks you can hear his telephone start ringing but he ignores it. As a hendrix fan I always loved them - Jimi at his rawest.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I've always liked this demo of "Black Cow", it's pretty fascinating to listen to just a voice and piano version of a song that has such heavy orchestration on the final.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    _

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

• Probably not everyone's cup of tea but the Cro Mags' demo of Age of Quarrel shreds.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    RAJ said:

That's a brilliant idea man. I love the raw homemade quality of demos. You should do a whole lo-fi mix like this RAJ. QUICK MAN QUICK before some lurker steals the idea.

Chimacum Rain

VU Sweet jane - Demo

Marvin Gaye - Let's get it on DEMO

Giles giles and fripp - I talk to the wind (Earlier version of the King Crimson song.)

John Lennon - Child of nature (early version of JEALOUS GUY)

Lucy leave Demo

BLACK SABBATH DEMO

Monkees - Porpoise song (Carole King's original demo)

Rza's Wutang demos

Don't sweat the technique DEMO

Some Untitled Stevie wonder Demo

Obvious one, MJ - Don't stop till you get enough DEMO

- spidey

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    OC demo is Great! Just heard cypress hill's too, but sounds really similar the the album. Talking heads have some great demo tracks. There was the one "heart of glass" thing that got booted a couple years ago. We should start posting these. I'll upload some when I get home this evening.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Good songwriting always shows through bad recordings. Interesting epiphany.

- spidey

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    We can do better than this.

• RAJ said:

I've been meaning to digitize the Hendrix tape i have for a while now. Will do so soon and post. That is, if everyone hasn't heard them already. No one responded to my post so its hard to gauge.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Spacecho said:
    RAJ said:

I've been meaning to digitize the Hendrix tape i have for a while now. Will do so soon and post. That is, if everyone hasn't heard them already. No one responded to my post so its hard to gauge.

Ill respond: HELL YES!

i wish i had something tooffer this thread, but i dont, so im just going to go and have my mind blown by the Child of nature demo again.

• RAJ said:

Post some cool shit you've heard that Rule.

I'm Feeling this unnamed tune from the Police - Ghosts in the Machine Demos

from wiki:
    One of them, "Don't Think We Could Ever Be Friends", was later re-recorded for the 1982 Dusty Springfield album, White Heat

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    alright im breaking out the bootleg/demos folder

dont fear the reaper:

http://hulkshare.com/uqtpacbn5z4z

badfinger no matter what

laura nyro stoned soul picnic

looks that kill

moving in stereo

i love you more than youll ever know

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    From what I understand, Springsteen's Nebraska are demos that he intended to record with the E Street Band but then decided otherwise.

bombtrack

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    DrWu said:
    From what I understand, Springsteen's Nebraska are demos that he intended to record with the E Street Band but then decided otherwise.

good thing we got you around for knowledge like this

DR WU IS A MORON

NO LIFE TILL LEATHER BITCH

• I heard the Organized Konfusion demos a few years back - they were damn good.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

not too shabby for a demo. every label passed on this -- Epic was the very last label they went to, and the one that signed em. 17x platinum.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    kala said:
    DrWu said:

good thing we got you around for knowledge like this

DR WU IS A MORON

NO LIFE TILL LEATHER BITCH

I think it's funny that your avatar is blurry too. Good to see your back. Shit has been mad boring since you left to get your GED. Welcome back little dude.