Jay-Z - Decoded

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Had that pretty awful Check the Technique book sitting on the back of my toilet only to have my daughter see its spine and ask me..."papa, what's a junkie?"

Hopefully, I gave a good explanation, but that book couldn't have been thrown out any faster after that.

• Herm said:
    Hip Hop HEAD

fixed

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Scott said:

Is that Kanye on the cover?

Sorry, I could have resisted, but I didn't fight it too hard.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Had that pretty awful Check the Technique book sitting on the back of my toilet only to have my daughter see its spine and ask me..."papa, what's a junkie?"

What do you find to be awful about that book?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    HarveyCanal said:

What do you find to be awful about that book?

Over half of the albums in it, I don't care that much about to know anything beyond just what the music sounds like, if even that...for one.

And it's like the back stories do more demystifying than anything else. I mean, I don't want to know that 5 Foot Accelerator couldn't keep up with Buckshot Shorty's work ethic. I'd rather believe he was just too gangtsa to be bothered...which is probably still more the truth than what the book posits.