You have problems selling records.

gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I've got an LP I want to keep but at the same time want to get rid of. The record is medium raer to raer. I paid less than full price. I've been debating selling this LP for the past year or so but cannot make the decision. This record has no sentimental value to me, but the fact that I like/love the music, the album art, the label and that its a great artifact in general might be what's holding me back. Maybe its also that I could get rid of this for something I'm more interested in is the wanting-to-sell factor.

I have this urge to get rid of it but can't bring myself to do it. I'm generally not the type to hold on to something due to its raer qualities, but feel like I should with this one. What do you guys do in this situation? Does this even make sense?

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I can totally relate. I've just begun to loosen my grip on some of my vinyl lately and I've come to this conclusion: If you second guess selling/trading a piece, just keep it. If you do let it go you will regret it. The only records I sell/trade are the ones that I don't second guess. And even then, I still convince myself that it will get better use in other hands. I hope this was helpful homie.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Selling records is never a problem.

Finding records is a problem.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Amen to that brother!

• i.e. : thinks has no sentimental value, yet has significant sentimental value

• yeah man...aside from the fact that its raer, you like the music and the artwork and everything about the album, then why sell it? selling one of your favorite albums doesnt sound like the right thing to do imo..regardless if there were only 1000 pressed or if there were 2 million pressed...

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

New location alert!!

• dammsdamms 704 Posts