POAST A BANGIN' BOOGIE TRACK

2»

Comments

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

f*cking love this song

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    "if this beat don't make you move, you've got semen in your shoes" is also the best lyric EVAR!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Gotta give it up and say that this turned out to be an awesome thread. Consider me edumacated on teh boogie.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Gotta give it up and say that this turned out to be an awesome thread. Consider me edumacated on teh boogie.

Now you just need to put some Jheri Curl in that curly hair of yours.

• one of my favorites:

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    beyond the bangin bass, solid synth work, and a break listen for the crucial guitar solo at 2:54...

I would not pass up this album if you have a chance!

• the bass is massive on this one:

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    "if this beat don't make you move, you've got semen in your shoes" is also the best lyric EVAR!
    ha! seriously! talk about under pronunciation. IS CEMENT SO HARD TO SAY?

• 3 Boogie Bangers!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

• woimsah... i dont think billy griifin hold me tighter in the rain is considered boogie.
    2 stepper modern soul, and a killer... as is garfield fleming.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:

This track is baller!

• a lot of personal favorites in here, good looks all around. few more:

at the intersection of modern soul?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    woimsah... i dont think billy griifin hold me tighter in the rain is considered boogie.
    2 stepper modern soul, and a killer... as is garfield fleming.

Hey, old man river, zip it or I'll break your hip.

Nah -- to me, heavy low end synth rocking the melody and the Juno pads + the groove + crooning = boogie

but that's sort of my own take...

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    phatmoneysack said:

This would be so great without John Blair in it.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

check it out at 3:38

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Okem said:
    'boogie' is just one of those genre terms I've never truly understood the definition of.
    same here

it's all disco dance electro-funk to me

anybody here knows what this joint is ?

Flash non d??t??ct??

it reappeared in the latest Madlib mix for his medicine show series. it was already on his Mind Fusion Vol. 3 from 2005

• I think boogie is more frequently used as a term - and has more of a clearer association with a certain sound - here in the uk than maybe other places. if you want a sense of what boogie is to us, well just think d train or most of that prelude stuff. i can't really explain why one track would be called electro and another boogie, its not a cognitive distinction, it just IS so. this is boogie, thats not. no idea why. we are weird over here y'all know that already. boogie was a really big scene once upon a time here. uptempo syncopated dmx drum machine soul shit. the cultural hangover extends very deep into much of london's musical output ever since.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    musica said:

I prefer the vocal version

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    I think boogie is more frequently used as a term - and has more of a clearer association with a certain sound - here in the uk than maybe other places. if you want a sense of what boogie is to us, well just think d train or most of that prelude stuff. i can't really explain why one track would be called electro and another boogie, its not a cognitive distinction, it just IS so. this is boogie, thats not. no idea why. we are weird over here y'all know that already. boogie was a really big scene once upon a time here. uptempo syncopated dmx drum machine soul shit. the cultural hangover extends very deep into much of london's musical output ever since.

I thought it was a typically American idiom

*reminisces over MJ *

• its an american word clearly, but i've heard people use that term way more over here. and boogie the genre even has a funny pronounciation here which i can't really transcribe. the "oo" part is clipped. so it's like - bougie. sorta

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    auto said:

nice joint

what is it ?

edit: nevermind

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    There's are really good write up of 'Boogie' from the Uk perspective on Greg Wilsons' site - http://www.electrofunkroots.co.uk/articles/the_building_blocks_of_boogie.html along with Sean P's 100 essential boogie records from 80-84.

IMO Boogie is more disco-funk, although you get the Greg Wilson types who played electro and boogie, and the slightly harder edged electro-funk tracks, which also get labeled boogie.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Maybe a lil' too nu-skewl, but I'll poast this:

• local record - i have the og on pyramid and dub on the flip is sick for anything [dc] non-gogo of the time period