Does an OG Black belt Jones OST LP Exist??????

discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I've just seen the reissue of this but never a real OG LP anywhere. If not, anyone know the backstory with the reish (ie produced from unreleased master tapes, etc) ?

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I've wondered the same thing for 11 years. Given the price the 45 commands I would say no. I'm sure Phill, Rockadelic, and Dee Rock could answer that question with certainty though.

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    Big ouch! I saw the promo 45 of this in a crusty auction I sometimes go to maybe 2 years ago-thought it was no big deal & left it-oh well-can't win them all.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    There was no LP. I thought I heard the reissue came from recordings from the movie barring what was on the 45, which they used on the LP (those 2 songs, Theme and Love Theme or something).

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    The_Non said:
    There was no LP. I thought I heard the reissue came from recordings from the movie barring what was on the 45, which they used on the LP (those 2 songs, Theme and Love Theme or something).

Ah, this might explain why the sound is such shite on the reissue as I recall (I don't own it, admittedly).