MetalStrut

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
While checking on a record I found I stumbled across this site.

it's like soulstrut, but for people that love death metal and hate God. They even have posts about bad ebay sellers and shit... pretty surreal, but I guess not totally unexpected.

Comments

• Strictly speaking, they're more into classic heavy and thrash metal more than death metal over there. There's a big lean towards obscure/privately released stuff too. They're more like the Waxidermy of metal, I'd say.

Metal dudes are also way more anal as collectors than just about anyone else I've come across.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Buying metal records is actually how I got started collecting. Would stay up late late late into the mornings on the weekend listening to metal how's on KUSF and writing down all the artists and then trying to track down the records. Luckily there were 3-4 stores in the Bay back then that had a lot of metal, especially European imports, plus a big metal scene here that I was into going to shows, roaring for friends and playing in a band myself.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I the typing shut on my iPhone because of the auto spell. That post has a whole bunch of typos. That should be listening to metal shows and I was a roadie for Possessed.

• motown67 said:
    I was a roadie for Possessed.

good god I love that band...rediscovered "Seven Churches" a few months ago and have been wearing it out...

• That pictures still cracks me up.

Other memories: my dad finding a skated copy of Seventh Son of a Seventh Son lying on the ground in a park in the middle of winter, and bringing it home for me. It didn't last too long before it was unlistenable, though, but it was a very memorable time.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    HerringAndVodka said:

Metal dudes are also way more anal as collectors than just about anyone else I've come across.

See, that doesn't seem very 'metal' to me... but then i guess being anal about record condition ain't funky either!

• Options
    Isn't Rock's brother a big-time metal collectro?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Sween said:
    Isn't Rock's brother a big-time metal collectro?

yeah, he's got the deep, deep knowledge - especially the raer private press jawns.

I've become a completely reborn metalhead in the past couple of years - mainly since I joined the DJ roster of a daily punk/metal radio show at my station ... it started with me taking advantage of all the free tix to metal shows and going to them at least a few times a month ... then I started buying records again and now I find myself checking for metal before anything at stores and shows, and even on eBay.

I'm into all kinds of stuff but my favorite is definitely doom.

St. Vitus
    Cathedral
    The Obsessed
    Sacrilege
    Hour of 13
    Pentagram
    Electric Wizard
    Ramesses
    Earthride
    Trouble

in fact, I'm working on a doom mix that I'll be giving away as a bonus to people during my radio station's fundraiser next week - I'll post it up here for anyone interested when I'm done.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    [x] interested.

another thing: metal dudes are the most polite of all the genres.

SoulOnIce said:
    I'm working on a doom mix that I'll be giving away as a bonus to people during my radio station's fundraiser next week - I'll post it up here for anyone interested when I'm done.

wow, finally got these all together. they look sick, if I may say so myself - hopefully some listeners to my radio show tomorrow will actually want them and donate money to the fundraiser so they can share in the DOOM.

I made the CDs from WAV files, but converted to MP3, zipped and uploaded for y'all:

http://www.divshare.com/download/13134821-283

a full 79 minutes of heavy heavy doom. hope someone on here gets some use out of it!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Cool looking package dude. If it was even remotely my thing I'd check for sue, but I just can't deal.

Question though: with your mix, is there any level of mixing going on? Interested to know more about this in the general sense with this genre too.

Kinetic said:

Question though: with your mix, is there any level of mixing going on? Interested to know more about this in the general sense with this genre too.

no, in this case it is just a collection of tracks - although I wanted to do some mixing, but my twin-turntable setup is hurting these days so it wasn't going to work. thanks for your post even though you don't want to check it out.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    listening!

tripping off remembering the first song. I'd forgotten about that band.

thanks

• been after that Blues Creation LP for years...plaese to send to Memphis.
    thx bye

p.s. cool mix