Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

... and about 50 more along the same lines.

Comments

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    nice finds! that drums drums and more drums is silly breaks heavy!!!
    b/w
    where is the ronn forella moves? ;)

also that galaxy-hatchett sold for $300+ this year (spleunk related though)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

b/w "Lucy's Spanish Harlem"

• Nice!!!!!!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Nice jazzdance haul! That Joe Tremaine is really flexible. Frank Hatchett is a particularly good score imo.

• spivy said:
    nice finds! that drums drums and more drums is silly breaks heavy!!!
    b/w
    where is the ronn forella moves? ;)

also that galaxy-hatchett sold for $300+ this year (spleunk related though)

I wish the Forella was in this dig but no such luck! Spelunk's copy he sold was my old find. Glad I found another one though, it is a good disco album although I am liking his Soul Jazz album way more... Tons of flute and funky tracks on it. Yeah and the drums album has breaks for DAYS! Love it!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I have yet to start looking for records this weekend, but so far I found this: an inch thick cross-section of a tree stump with Charles Bronson etched into it with a soldering iron

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    thrift store finds

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Electrode said:
    I have yet to start looking for records this weekend, but so far I found this: an inch thick cross-section of a tree stump with Charles Bronson etched into it with a soldering iron

FIND OF THE YEAR!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    funny - I got this hanging on the wall in my bathroom. caught it at a garage sale 5 or 6 years back.

NM

• real world trades

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    came up on part of an old clubs' vinyl inventory on a market today
    - records from about 88 to 97ish?
    all hiphop 12's and lp's and lots of random rap - also disco boogie and house ish -

picked up about 60 records for about 60 bucks! real dollar bin shit -

talmbout mint biz markie, tuff crew, brand nubian 12s, nas 12s, tuff city shit, next plateau shit, gangstarr discographies - shit was still alphabetised! i called my mans and he caught a cab down 2 make it.

i was alone when i started going through em and there were like 15 guys sweating that shit when i left!

2day was a good day.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    The-gaffler said:
    real world trades

No KFC jacket?

• scooped some nice 45s this weekend...but he best score as far as price had to be pulling this out of a "3 for a $1" box:

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

super mint

Photobucket
    sealed....ggyyyeeaaa

minty

and a minty copy of Malvina Reynolds "Artichokes, Griddle Cakes and Other Good Things" of which I can't find a picture anywhere.

Few other thangs, nothing to write home about.

• Possum Tom said:
    The-gaffler said:
    real world trades

No KFC jacket?

i forgot how we actually got to that one with the kfc jacket and shout outs.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

• leonleon 883 Posts
    staxwax said:
    came up on part of an old clubs' vinyl inventory on a market today
    - records from about 88 to 97ish?
    all hiphop 12's and lp's and lots of random rap - also disco boogie and house ish -

picked up about 60 records for about 60 bucks! real dollar bin shit -

talmbout mint biz markie, tuff crew, brand nubian 12s, nas 12s, tuff city shit, next plateau shit, gangstarr discographies - shit was still alphabetised! i called my mans and he caught a cab down 2 make it.

i was alone when i started going through em and there were like 15 guys sweating that shit when i left!

2day was a good day.

Nice! Great finds, those are the days!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Some cheap eBay scores (BIN-related). Boobie was $25, Hector Rivera was $10, Coke is a black label and was free b/c the seller refunded my $ and said it was incorrectly listed (shit arrived Mint though. weird), & Willlie Dynamite was $25.

All are mint! :beerbang:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wow nice job
    snatchin those up

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    it was a cold bike ride to the thrift this morning

but it was worth it!

The very first Fania gold label 45 (I think).

That Bobby Valentin "Use It Before You Lose It" 45 sold for $1,202 to gymespuckey. :face_melt:

• hey j**, what's that electra-combo record? love that cover...btw, i still have that "soul in the horn"; pm me your current addy if you still want...

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    its propper ost-rock. flute n breaks.steady album all the way.

DivShare File - electra - combo.mp3
    DivShare File - electra-combo.mp3

and pm'd

• musica said:
    Coke is a black label and was free b/c the seller refunded my $ and said it was incorrectly listed (shit arrived Mint though. weird)

"Hello! You bought Coke LP from my auction. I'm sorry to let you know that it was incorrectly listed, I had stated it's VG+, but actually it was M. I'm sorry for any trouble. I'm going to refund your total and you can keep the record."

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    agentmartin said:
    musica said:
    Coke is a black label and was free b/c the seller refunded my $ and said it was incorrectly listed (shit arrived Mint though. weird)

"Hello! You bought Coke LP from my auction. I'm sorry to let you know that it was incorrectly listed, I had stated it's VG+, but actually it was M. I'm sorry for any trouble. I'm going to refund your total and you can keep the record."
    if you are being serious about this then you are the best ebay seller ever.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    agentmartin said:
    musica said:

This is pretty close to what happened, actually, except I bought 4 records from this seller at once (Hector Rivera, Harlem River Drive, Coke, Orch Riverside) and he refunded me $20 because he "misgraded" the Coke record. Check this out:

:cool:

• musica said:
    agentmartin said:
    musica said:

This is pretty close to what happened, actually, except I bought 4 records from this seller at once (Hector Rivera, Harlem River Drive, Coke, Orch Riverside) and he refunded me $20 because he "misgraded" the Coke record. Check this out:

:cool:
    :oh_snap: