Barrington Levy Song ID (Reggae headz help)

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Hey does anyone know where this excerpt is from? It's a live Barrington Levy clip and I have it labeld as "Live Intro" but that's all I know. I would love to find the name of whatever album this performance is from.

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• ^^ good call it was the second video i clicked on....

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    NMIFIO

• rolls really nice with some early jungle...yum!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    SportCasual said:

Dope. Is this concert available as an album?

• doubtful dude, even the youtube footage you posted on has zero info...i sailed over to his site to dig up some info, i gots nuthin..

might take some serious diggin to find out where this actually came from...

• i just heard for the 1st time an alternate version of this... different lyrics and the beat is slighty switched up.

• RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    i just heard for the 1st time an alternate version of this... different lyrics and the beat is slighty switched up.

where did you hear it ? (dubplate related)
    im guessin you eliminated the trouble mix on original 12" and steely & clevie remix.

• This might be the alternate version to Here I Come you guys are talking about -

Come (Jah Lifetime)

Original Jah Life cut of the rhythm.

• good call larry.
    but why 'original jah life cut' - its years later right?

edit - i think i know what you mean.
    'scuse i.

while we're at it, someone asked for an i.d. a few years back, ragga tune with stones 'miss you' sample. think i twigged it if still needed.

• No, you're right MJ. I meant to say it's Papa Life's first cut of it but that is not correct, Life has pre-digi versions of it as well.

The better-known Levy cut (Here I Come) is a Jah Screw production from '85. The Jah Lifetime Come is a later tune.

Dennis Brown's Revolution is the definitive first cut of course.

So many cool versions of this though! Here's one of my favorites -

• yeah this is just called "come"

been a staple for me for years this track murders!

Cosmo I'll hit you up with the studio version

• also, if you've never seen barrington live... make it a point to do so immediately

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Taking a guess it's a Sunsplash recording of some sort.

Also, If memory serves me correct. Here I come dropped in 84 on London Records. With slight variations throughout the years. I remember the slight blow up in 90 with many knowing the track as Broader Than Broadway with Profile doing a best of album and releasing a single of Here I Come (Broader Than Broadway). A video dropped also in 90 I believe.

Gotta love the old brit vidz as well.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    '02 version...

• '91 with Rebel MC & Tenor Fly. Here's a dodgy TOTP performance.

• That's under mi sensi, which is also of course an absolute destroyer.

Duderonomy said:
    '02 version...

• Heard this for the first time not too long ago and have given it plenty of rewinds since....

• [..quote]
    also a later slice of ???here i come??? in combination with Gregory peck
    the ???come??? jah life tune - Got fragga ranks, galaxy p, alley cat on that riddim also. [.../quote]

Black roses.

edit - everything in the thread except an answer. cant get an i.d. on that concert anywhere.