What's for lunch today?

2»

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    tropical ginger ale style
    i love it and find it refreshing, its unavailable outside of brasil
    the intl soft drink game is its own story
    coca cola bought out inca cola,
    no fanta to be had in canada (US?) while its killing it in LAmerica,africa and asia
    then it magically sweeps in and orange crush and friends are thrown out of town
    nestea just made its appearance in LAmerica

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    also
    i am loving this vegetarian chili talk,
    i find addidg yuca cubes is great as well
    jalapeno,chesse corn bread slice under the pile please

• pcmr said:
    can't wait for your arrival in MTL btw
    i am sure cove and i will be glad to give you a culinary and hoppsastic tour of our fair city!

your sandwich description sounds incredible
    we are thinking of returning to NYC simply for the food

Looks like I won't be able to make it until September :( Unless we go in February, but I know the weather during that month is brutal.

If you come to NY for food I guarantee you will gain a good 5 kg.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:

And for those keeping score at home, that was one of the best roast beef sandwiches I've ever had. Sliced thin and super tender, it had potato chips on the bottom giving it a bit of a crunch and helping soak up the beef juice. The bread was almost focaccia style, the mozz was fresh, and the garlic butter slamming.

The best roast beef in the universe comes from the north shore of Massachusetts. Real talk. Mozzarella? Garlic butter? You sound fancy, lad.
    :-/

• pcmr said:

no fanta to be had in canada (US?)

i can get fanta here in Nova Scotia, orange and grape i believe...GF really likes it, she worked on a cruise ship for a bit and thats all they had on board she went crazy over it...

• DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

And for those keeping score at home, that was one of the best roast beef sandwiches I've ever had. Sliced thin and super tender, it had potato chips on the bottom giving it a bit of a crunch and helping soak up the beef juice. The bread was almost focaccia style, the mozz was fresh, and the garlic butter slamming.

The best roast beef in the universe comes from the north shore of Massachusetts. Real talk. Mozzarella? Garlic butter? You sound fancy, lad.
    :-/

You're going to have to send me some of that roast beef then, that way someone with an actually cultured palate can properly judge its merit.

b/w

If mozzarella and garlic butter make me all fancy, what do we call someone who doctors up corn dogs?

• today it's just a regular ol' grilled chicken salad w/ranch dressing, but the Brazilian talk reminds me of yesterday's amazing lunch. drove my friend to the airport post-Halloween/Day of the Dead second line visit. had some extra time so we stopped for lunch at this Brazilian cafe for expats in a strip mall by the airport. all of the food below was $7, washed down with Guarana.

• double

Garcia_Vega said:
    If mozzarella and garlic butter make me all fancy, what do we call someone who doctors up corn dogs?

:long:

For real, though. Ultra-thin sliced with a thin, spicy barbeque sauce, American cheese, on an onion roll. I rock the "3-way"???extra sauce, extra cheese, and mayo.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Here's what I got at the bar on Tuesday while watching the Champions League matches.

Slow-cooked pulled pork, hamburger patty, cheddar cheese, onion rings, and cole slaw all on one burger with a side salad:

:beerbang:

• musica said:

That's what I'm talking about!

• ^^ makes me think of that show Man Vs Food...that thing is frikkin huge...

musica said:
    Slow-cooked pulled pork, hamburger patty, cheddar cheese, onion rings, and cole slaw all on one burger with a side salad.:

Nice. Keeping it healthy.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    febuary is not worth it
    september much better hopefully ill still be here (real family moves related)
    fanta is now accessible but not from 85-2005
    realness musica, that was an entertaining couple of matches yesterday

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Vegetarian bao, banana, yogurt.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    musica said:
    Slow-cooked pulled pork, hamburger patty, cheddar cheese, onion rings, and cole slaw all on one burger with a side salad.:

haa - beat me to it.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Vietnamese food always wins!!!!!!!!!!!

• Leftovers......chickpea salad / blue eye cod with tahini and lemon

DB_Cooper said:
    musica said:

Sayin', if I woulda ordered fries I probably wouldn't be typing right now.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Two slices of Little Caerar's pizze. unh.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Big_Chan said:

dope!
    recently enjoyed a vegetarian bahn mi with a roll inside nice variations on BBQ pork

• had good 'ol fried chicken (breast and thigh) with mashed potatoes and gravy...big lunch because I knew wouldnt get a chance to eat dinner

pcmr said:
    Big_Chan said:

dope!
    recently enjoyed a vegetarian bahn mi with a roll inside nice variations on BBQ pork

Wow! That sounds hella good

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    it is a nice hot cold contrast and its a slightly more satisfying healthy choice
    its from a local spot whose regular banhmi is subpar
    i have yet to muster up the courage to suggest it to the chinatown spot with la verdad on all things banh mi, i am sure it would be a success