Cravo & Canela - Preco De Cada Um RE

georgeibrahimgeorgeibrahim 676 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
[slight shameless plug]

For those of you that missed the Japanese reissue of this, I'm delighted to announce that Mr. Bongo will be re-reissuing it soon on CD & LP. Check it out here.

I do have a slight competing interest as I have recently begun work with Mr Bongo on their reissues, but I figured it would be worth giving people a heads up on it, it's too good an album to miss twice!

(mods: feel free to move or delete this post if it's out of place).

Comments

• can you please make a better reissue of Luiz Eca Y La Familia LP. pleeeeeeze. the one out there is horrible. and while your at it, make a good version of Joyce and Nelso Angelo, would ya?

• sabadabada said:
    can you please make a better reissue of Luiz Eca Y La Familia LP. pleeeeeeze. the one out there is horrible. and while your at it, make a good version of Joyce and Nelso Angelo, would ya?

Find me the master tapes/very clean OG and i'll suggest it haha

I've been spitballing ideas of what i'd like to see reissued, Nelson Angelo E Joyce came up as an idea (I currently don't know what else they've got planned)....first let me get a clean OG though (2nd press guilt here!)

• Dood.

If I had all those things, I wouldn't need you to reissue them for me now, would I?

• sabadabada said:
    Dood.

If I had all those things, I wouldn't need you to reissue them for me now, would I?

Oh, well in that case, we'd better stop the press then..... :roll: :-/

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    cravo e canela- great album

would love a reissue (from the master tapes) of verocai... that luv n' haight one is a bit crap

also... sexteto do beco?

• oh man, I love this album.
    will be copped.

• djmario said:
    sabadabada said:
    can you please make a better reissue of Luiz Eca Y La Familia LP. pleeeeeeze. the one out there is horrible. and while your at it, make a good version of Joyce and Nelso Angelo, would ya?

Find me the master tapes/very clean OG and i'll suggest it haha

I have a NM 1st of the Nelson Angelo and Joyce (w/poster) if you ever need it...

And not to be critical, but the sound on some of the Mr Bongo stuff has been disappointing. I know the master tapes for Paebiru are long gone, but I could have made a much better sounding issue. If they are going to do awesome titles (and with you on board it looks like they will!), please impress the importance of sound quality on them.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up on this!

- diego

• utters said:

would love a reissue (from the master tapes) of verocai... that luv n' haight one is a bit crap

That's probably not possible, since the master tapes aren't likely to exist anymore, and OG's are a little tough to come by! I agree though, a better reissue of Verocai is needed. I heard a story that whatmusic.com we're going to try and reissue it when they were active, including the gatefold, nice sound quality etc but couldn't get the license for it. Don't know if it's true or not, but it would have been nice if they did!

Horseleech: That would be excellent! If we ever need it, i'll come calling I wasn't involved with the Paebiru, or this, but if I were to guess, they probably got the remastered audio from the Japanese on this one. Audio quality is paramount for me too, but it comes at a cost - which is where I come in :P

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Any idea of how many known OG copies exist?

• How about that Luiz Carlos Vinhas "O som psicodelico de L.C.V.".
    Also I think Marcos Valle's "Garra" could do with a proper good quality reissue.

I sure hope the Cravo E Canela will be better than, for instance, the Waltel Branco reissue that Mr. Bongo did years ago. That one was badly off centred.

• I've got no idea how many OGs are out there. It has sold for $1000 in Brazil (the Jap RE goes for $200-300 there now, but that's more to do with the fact that its an expensive import). I know someone who found an OG years ago for $3 in a junk shop....Lucky!

I love that LCV (it has a fierce version of Song for my father that everybody should check out), but it was bootlegged in the 90s. I don't know how easy it would be to license it off CBS (assuming they're still the license holders).

With Garra, Mr Bongo have had the rights to some Marcos Valle records (see: essential marcos valle comps). But, I've heard they're being reissued in Brazil, so i'm not sure if they still do. All good suggestions though, keep them coming!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    What about reissuing Pedro Santos' Krishnanda?

• Erlon Chaves - Procura se uma virgem OST

Really tough to find record but so nice.

• Krishnanda would be very cool to do, and possible I think. I've never been able to get into that Chaves though, title track aside. I'll give it another listen through now that you've mentioned it.

• DO IT!

• djmario said:
    I've never been able to get into that Chaves though, title track aside. I'll give it another listen through now that you've mentioned it.

It's not a full on banger by any means but I really like the atmosphere and sound of that album.
    Also, how do people rate that Marcos Samm "Psiu" record?

• sabadabada said:
    and while your at it, make a good version of Joyce and Nelso Angelo, would ya?

Coincidentally, I was listening to this on the train this morning. A good vinyl reissue would be much appreciated.

BTW cheers for the records, George.

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    markus71 said:
    Erlon Chaves - Procura se uma virgem OST

Really tough to find record but so nice.

Groovy record with a very nice cover. I was lucky enough to find a mint copy for $20 with a guy in Rio back in 2000, at the time it was not very well known to collectors outside Brazil.

Ed Motta did not seem too pleased about how much I paid, compared to his $300 payment for the record...LOL!

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    MoogMan said:

One of the hardest one's to find I think, also according to Mr Motta, who says it hardly shows up at all....

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    DO IT!

NOoooooooooo.....hahahaha

Somethings just need to be kept on the backburner.
    Is that a picture of your own LP cover, as it is not a Brazilian issue I see, Argentinian maybe???

• TDLT02 said:
    Argentinian maybe???

si

• Marcos Samm is one that i've not listened to much, It's nice though.

Neil: Glad you're enjoying the records - plenty more from where they came from!

Nice find on the Erlon Chaves! It's incredibly hard to find now. Ed Motta's absolutely right about the Krishnanda - a good reissue of that would sell like hot cakes!

Brazilian Octopus is just too good to be left under the radar!!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    TDLT02 said:
    MoogMan said:

One of the hardest one's to find I think, also according to Mr Motta, who says it hardly shows up at all....

Yeah, you're right.
    I saw a copy for US$180 when I didn't know it.
    The only other copy I saw for sale sellers was asking US$650.
    My dream id finding it for $1. ;)

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    brazilian octopus has been reissued on CD in Brazil

remastered from the original tapes, part of a som livre reissue series which included alceu valenca's 'molhado de suor', 'os brazoes' amongst others. beautiful qualitaaaay

I have that 'Os Brazoes' CD also

if loads of you want it/them let me know and i'll put it/them up somewhere... these series tend to come out in brazil in limited editions so you probably can't find them anymore

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    djmario said:
    I've got no idea how many OGs are out there. It has sold for $1000 in Brazil

Really? That actually seems low... I'd pull the trigger for that price... especially if I could sell my reissue for $200-$300. Sheesh.

So I love that Nelson Angelo y Joyce record, but would happily trade it for your Marcio Lott - Tema de Baby Compacto, Saba :cheese:

Did I ever post up a rip from my OG Luiz Eca y Familia Sagrada? I can't remember. Sounds way better than the shit reissues. Speaking of that, I just got a copy of Vox Populi that sounds incredibly better and different than the reissue.

• utters said:
    brazilian octopus has been reissued on CD in Brazil
    I have some of those CD's. Curated by Charles Gavin of Titas; good selection & quality.

Iv*n - those prices are in Reais. I was told them by a dealer in London who frequently goes to Brazil (in fact, he must be there now, or just got back, he times his visits around the Utrecht fair...), He could probably get a copy if asked.

• FortyFivan said:

Did I ever post up a rip from my OG Luiz Eca y Familia Sagrada? I can't remember. Sounds way better than the shit reissues. Speaking of that, I just got a copy of Vox Populi that sounds incredibly better and different than the reissue.

No. I would really like to hear the Luiz Eca, its a great lp but the reissue just painful.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Mario, the world is ready for Santa Y Su Gente 'Urgente'

Especially as you have been unable to successfully man up and source me an original.

• skel said:
    Mario, the world is ready for Santa Y Su Gente 'Urgente'

Especially as you have been unable to successfully man up and source me an original.

Haha, I guess you're still after this then? I haven't even had a sniff of an OG, only a Japanese CD reissue (whose legitimacy in terms of licensing seems dubious....)