Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    Monday lunchtime:

Duderonomy

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Afternoon walk in the fog:

Duderonomy

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Jimster, they're nice pics. What did you use for the Panorama? Camera Plus?

Thanks Matt.

Just the free Nokia Panorama.

I love the camera on the N8, hate the O/S.

• YemskyYemsky 706 Posts
    surprisingly good iphone result (used as 27" wall paper)
    Attached files

May the 9th be with you?

Yemsky said:
    surprisingly good iphone result (used as 27" wall paper)

VG+

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

^ Gaffel

^ Deep_Sang hits meistromoco with some shoelace Knowledge

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Really enjoy this thread. I got a pretty good action shot with my iphone 4 yesterday of Jake Gyllenhaal (Shooting a movie at my work), but I deleted it by accident :-/

Last couple of days...

Balance

The Ghost

Pepsi

Fiat Abarth

View of the east side.

Exit

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts
    random shit on my phone:

it was election season in S??o F??lix do Xingu, in the south of Par??. Jo??o Cleber was running for mayor and no one knew exactly what to do - he is also the town's most notorious hitman.

these three are from Iemanj?? day in Porto Alegre.

city building anti-homeless sidewalks.

biker gang getting ready to ride in the name of Ogum on St George's Day in Porto Alegre.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    ppadilha said:

Design-wise, it's kinda cool, but Fed up in almost every other way.

And what happens if someone chooses to sit/live on the main pedestrian sections that are flat?

• bassie said:
    ppadilha said:

And what happens if someone chooses to sit/live on the main pedestrian sections that are flat?

i want to see a city engineers face the first time someone lies a sheet of plywood on top of his wondrous design.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts
    bassie said:

those type of sidewalks are one of the most revolting urban trends in Brazil, hopefully no other place has followed this. They do this mostly in strategic places, basically anywhere that provides cover, usually in the nicer parts of town. This one was in a crappy part of downtown Porto Alegre that I think the city is hoping to gentrify soon. Some private buildings will soak up the sidewalk in the early evening to keep people from sitting/lying there - some even have a sprinkler system that does this. Among other fucked up things that happen, rich kids have been caught setting fire to homeless people and sometimes the Military Police will get together off duty and "cleanse" an area.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    rich kids have been caught setting fire to homeless people

Man, kids these days. AMIRITE?

Also, I'd love to contribute to this thread, but I don't know how to fancy up my pictures on my android. Do I just DL Instagram? 'Cause I can show you dudes the really real, Bronx-wise. At least, the parts I spend a lot of time in. A lot of great graffiti, urban blight, people being people, etc.

DB_Cooper said:
    Also, I'd love to contribute to this thread, but I don't know how to fancy up my pictures on my android. Do I just DL Instagram? 'Cause I can show you dudes the really real, Bronx-wise. At least, the parts I spend a lot of time in. A lot of great graffiti, urban blight, people being people, etc.

Almost all my photos (taken with an Android) were posted 'straight' except the last one. I use Flickr to host them, and they have some basic editing functions that work pretty well.

I'm actually getting pretty tired of the 'make it look like it was taken with a crappy instamatic with a scratched lens in the 70s' look that Instagram seems to inspire.

Horseleech said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Almost all my photos (taken with an Android) were posted 'straight' except the last one. I use Flickr to host them, and they have some basic editing functions that work pretty well.

I'm actually getting pretty tired of the 'make it look like it was taken with a crappy instamatic with a scratched lens in the 70s' look that Instagram seems to inspire.

I feel that and am on board. Give me a few days and I'll get some pics on lunch.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    gravelheadwrap said:

That's my old grade school, Power Kingdom represent! Also like the other Hudson Valley shots you got posted here!

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    2013-02-09 13.09.29

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    2013-07-03 19.43.48

Thunderstorm in Brooklyn today

A few lunchtime pics. Location: North Bronx

I always assumed police departments just ordered equipment for their officers, but apparently you can go here and buy a suit of tactical armor if you have a police ID (and get a bonus tactical knife!):

Where the Bronx River runs under Kazimiroff Boulevard. Walking under the bridge to get there, I came across a guy sitting on a rock painting a pretty impressive oil painting of a man leaning against a pole. He must have been doing it freestyle, because there was nothing around him but trash and underbrush. I asked him if I could take a picture of him painting, but he declined:

It's pretty damn hot out there today, so there were already hydrants popped around noon, even though nobody was frolicking in it quite yet:

This spot used to be an MMA gym with this weird little window next to it that sold smoothies. I think they're both closed down now:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,079 Posts

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

Test failed

• I love this thraed, keep em coming......dump from the last few months.

Duderonomy

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Damn pimlico! Some wild shit in there.

Is that set list from a recent Ultramag show?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:

Gorgeous and terrible.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts