Lamprey Eel caught teh ban?

2»

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    The prevailing focus of music talk here is rap and soul (in that order) and I know that's not a central interest for Eel OR myself.

bbbbban

• Options
    button said:
    BobDesperado said:
    The prevailing focus of music talk here is rap and soul (in that order) and I know that's not a central interest for Eel OR myself.

bbbbban

So sue me, I like 80s rap and kind of lost interest after that.

I don't think I'm the only one.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    pleez shut the fuck up

• Options
    batmon said:
    pleez shut the fuck up

Couth, Just Us, and the American Way!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    yeah, instead of hand-wringing over Leech, just ban Moe again too. it's what he wants.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    yeah, instead of hand-wringing over Leech, just ban Moe again too. it's what he wants.

• There's a local bar analogy to be trod out but whatever I don't really feel like doing it.

I have no problem saying it was about his politics. This is not a democracy. There is no "reverse affirmative action" here.

Sabadabada has been banned for over the top winger shit before. He's back now that he's learned to behave himself. Or rather, to elevate his side of the discourse a bit.

Trust me, it was only a matter of time before Leech came out with something truly vile. He's entirely capable of it.

There was a rabid lefty who didn't get the ban but only because he managed to find the door himself.

Something I advised The Leech to do.

There are a gazzillion politically-themed message boards and blogs with active comments sections out there that are better suited for Leech's brand of rhetoric.

Waxidermy instituted a "no politics" policy which has worked, but the personality of this board is different.

• I never got banned for my politics, per se, but rather for exceptionally poor taste.

• sabadabada said:
    I never got banned for my politics, per se, but rather for exceptionally poor taste.

There's a difference??

Heh.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Major LOL at the denial fiends here pretending that it wasn't his politics, just his 'style' that brought down the ban hammer. Left-leaning threads of the exact same tone are a daily occurrence in Struttown.

It would have been just as easy to respond with some humor, but people trip over themselves trying to show that they are more correct. If you don't want to deal, then walk on by - nobody is forcing you to read or comment.

If he actually said some racist shit then he should be banned pronto, but I re-read the thread and I couldn't find it.

Ignore him, clown him or debate him as you will, but the ban is for pussies, imo. I didn't care much for his threads, and I wish he would have talked more about music, but teh ban?

The real fact is that some people here just can't deal with people who don't think like they do.

There's a word for that, if I could just remember what it was...

Please stop acting like being banned from a msg board, he rarely posted on, is such a big deal.
    People often don't share your, or Rocks', points of view on here either, yet you're still here. Why is that, If we're all as intolerant as you paint us?

Does someone have to say something racist to be offensive?

This was Hurricane Katrina.

This was Mid-Term elections.

How is drawing a parallel between the two, for the sole reason to agitate and taunt people, not offensive to you?
    And how, exactly, should we respond to that with humour?

His defense of it was "I couldn't give two cum squirts if such use of metaphor "offends" ". And this is the guy you want us to have discourse with.

I would also ask you to link to the "Left-leaning threads of the exact same tone", which should be easy, as they are a daily occurrence. But we both know there are none.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

• Okem said:
    But we both know there are none.

Riiiiiigggggghhhht.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/search_results/ded9bc4775210e988e8fd88d6acf983b/

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    Okem said:
    But we both know there are none.

Riiiiiigggggghhhht.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/search_results/ded9bc4775210e988e8fd88d6acf983b/

Game Over.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Actually, I think the Strut might actually be better off with a "no politics" policy.

• Rockadelic said:

hmm.
    grand total of one thread in 2010...

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    His defense of it was "I couldn't give two cum squirts if such use of metaphor "offends"

Most guys take their cum squirts extremely seriously. One could even argue that ones cum squirts are the singular most important issue to any man. Sayin'

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    No one on this board can say, with a straight face, that the vast majority of us are not left-leaning and that we don't take particular pleasure in going ape-shit on the right.

As others have already pointed out in this thread, a troll is only as powerful as those who allow themselves to get baited but in most forums (i.e. it's not unique to the Strut), people just can't help themselves. And if you try to "solve" this by banning people or locking threads, another vocal contingent is set to go off.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Dudes can blah blah blah all you want that calling for a ban is this or that. I truly do not give a fuck and stand by my actions. The end. And BobDesperando can find the door too.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Dudes can blah blah blah all you want that calling for a ban is this or that. I truly do not give a fuck and stand by my actions. The end. And BobDesperando can find the door too.

THIS.

Cull the chaff, pointless basement dwellers that they are. Ignore away if thats your bag, but why turn a blind eye to more and more fools cluttering up this place?

Thats why i heatily endorse the bannage of these two fuckmuppets. (and why i forwarded PMs recieved calling for their ban smashage to King RAJ)

TL:DR fuck em, ban on

If I???ve told this story here before I apologize for repeating it???.

When I worked in a club bitd I was being shown the ropes of bartending by a guy who had been doing it for 20+ years. One of the first things he told me was ???Never talk to the customers about religion, women, money or politics. It can only lead to someone who???s had a little too much to drink getting pissed off???.

A couple of weeks later the two of us were behind the bar when the doors opened for the night and this dude in a suit and tie came up to the bar. He ordered a double, drank it right down and ordered another. He downed the second one and ordered a third. At that point my bartending mentor, Norman said to the guy??????Whoa, maybe you should slow it down a little, it???s a long night???. Mr. Suit looked at us and said ???This has been the worst week of my life. My wife emptied out our bank account and left me for our Preacher??????.I couldn???t believe what I was hearing???.just a few weeks earlier Norm had advised me what not to speak to customers about and this dude had just hit on 3 of the 4 topics. I looked at Norman, smiled, turned to the Suit and asked ???Is she a Republican or a Democrat????

novocaine132 said:
    Rockadelic said:

hmm.

Exactly....the left hasn't had much to crow about in the last year or two and can't stand seeing the right act the same way they did 2 years ago when they were the winners.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    novocaine132 said:
    Rockadelic said:

hmm.

Exactly....the left hasn't had much to crow about in the last year or two and can't stand seeing the right act the same way they did 2 years ago when they were the winners.
    I just get "error" when I click on what sadbaddabadaba linked to, so.. more of a FAIL than game over.

But I presume it was to threads were theStruts 'loony left' crow about 'winning' shit and compare the GOPs' failure to the Tsunami or some such. Cause that shit happens EVERY DAY.