Technics Question (non rumors related)

SmallAxeRickSmallAxeRick 497 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I know about all the rumors going around. I don't know what's really going but can anybody recommend a spot to buy a new 1200MK5? I'm not trying to spend $900. Has it really gone up that much since I last bought one? Damn.
Online preferred, but if you know a spot in L.A., I'd go there.
Thanks

Comments

• Finding these discounted has never really been an option - they never seem to go on sale either.

If you want a new one I think you're going to have to pay the going (or very close) price.

I used to sell them new before the price went up a couple of years ago, and I never saw them discounted from a supplier ever, and my mark up was like $25.

If some one knows better I'd like to hear it - I wouldn't mind having a brand new one on standby in case T12K ever comes to pass..

• I hear ya. I've never seen a discounted rate either. I was just wondering if that is the current going rate. If it is, I guess I'll just have to pony up.
    Thanks

• my first ever technics was an MK5 (gift related). i then doubled up but bought an MK2 (out of pocket related). earlier this year, i finally found a second MK5 (i also was not willing to drop a G on one)... craigslist, home use only, $250 (the thing is basically brand new). so i will atleast have the MK2 if all goes wrong and the brand disappears.

i looked around for ages on an MK5 deal, they do not exist. craigslist is obviously your best bet (they all go for around 8-900 on the bay). however, keep your eyes peeled on amazon, every once in a while an indy seller will have a couple up around the 5-600$ mark.