Euro Dig Oct 2010

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Just got back yesterday from an eleven day Euro dig taking in Germany, France, Holland and Belgium. Went to approx 40 record stores and met with four private dealers.

Flew into Frankfurt where I was greeted by my personal shopper, Grope.
Over the next five days the two of us visited Frankfurt, Wiesbaden, Mainz, Kaiserslautern, Saarbrucken, Metz, Schmelz, Ludwigshafen, Stuttgart, Heilbronn and Karlsruhe. Apologies to Grope for me never having a clue as to which city we were in or whether we had been there on a previous trip. Everything became a bit of a blur after a while!

From Stuttgart I took the train to Amsterdam. Big thanks to Lee from La Planete Sausage (btw Lee has now relocated his stock to Record Palace opposite Paradiso. He is a must visit when in Amsterdam!) Hi to Taco and the Waxwell guys who have just returned from Austin and New York so expect mega heat in there over the next few weeks! Went to see our very own Modalman at The Record Spot in Rotterdam. Really great new location and tonnes of reasonably priced stock. Finally a big shout to Erwin, Mike and the guys at Demonfuzz who never cease to amaze with the heat they constantly find!

Finally I caught the train to Brussels for a day???s digging before Euro Star home.

So onto the records. Picked up loads of great stuff. Some things I???d never seen before and some old favourites for cheap. Couple of pricier items in there (you can probably guess what they are!) but lots under 10 Euros as well with a few 50 cent uber bargains thrown in!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Photo of random German (I assume) at a party in the 60's or 70's (I assume) dressed as a Mexican found in junkshop!

Random photo of Metz!

A block of flats in Metz which appealed to me (Grope couldn't see the attraction!)

One of the best names of a record shop ever (RIP!)

An arty picture from Amsterdam, even managed to get the golden arches in aswell!

Finally Modalman's store in Rotterdam.

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    it's been a wonderful time! i can't post my finds at the moment. i'm not at home.

we did quite well. need to go to new places next time! can't wait to see what those other people got for me. i'm quite excited about the jazz and the library collection

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    llmod1 said:

That german church rekkid is kinda ill - theres a heavy beatnuts vibe on that.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    staxwax said:
    llmod1 said:

That german church rekkid is kinda ill - theres a heavy beatnuts vibe on that.

did you hear the sound clip on diggersdigest?