Pacuiao vs Margarito (Paging Big Stacks "Atlas" for his breakdown)

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Thoughts? I feel this fight is way more compelling than many think. Another huge jump in weight for Pac and it's the opportunity of a lifetime for Margarito...one he arguably doesn't deserve.

Anyone believe this "Pac ain't focused" bit that 24/7 is peddling? I personally don't. Being this is an in house fight, I don't see Top Rank squandering their golden child aka biggest (and only) thing going on the damaged goods that is Margarito. But then again, who knows. To me it seems like marketing to get people to tune in.

Either way I expect it will be at least as entertaining a fight as Pac v Cotto.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    It is gonna be a hell of a fight. Can't wait to see it. Pacman is plenty focused. Don't believe the HBO hype.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey JectWon,

This fight is pretty easy to call. Pacquaio's speed and skills will be too much for Margarito, who is very slow and flat-footed. I predict either a decision win or late round stoppage for Pacquaio.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:

This fight is pretty easy to call. Pacquaio's speed and skills will be too much for Margarito, who is very slow and flat-footed. I predict either a decision win or late round stoppage for Pacquaio.

Stacks, Yes sir! Pacman will win this one.

• Margarito is the epitome of the low quality fighters around right now that keep getting fights because there doesn't seem to be anyone coming up.

It wouldn't surprise me if Pacman isn't charged up for this one, he doesn't need to be.
    Pacman, Mayweather and Sugar Shane are head and shoulders above the opposition out there nowadays.

The sport NEEDS Pac vs Mayweather as do the fans.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Yeah definitely thinking the smart money is on Pac. It's really the size thing that always keeps me watching with these fights. I don't want Pac to do what he did in the early rounds against Cotto...when he let dude get him on the ropes and pound on him so he could "test his power". I'd love to see Pac get a KO on dude. But I assume it will be a decision to Pac with nuff' footage to add to the ultimate Manny highlight reel.

• Margarito is a cheater and a joke, I hope Pac fucks him up proper.

badder_than_evil said:
    Margarito is the epitome of the low quality fighters around right now that keep getting fights because there doesn't seem to be anyone coming up.

Yeah...I always get excited for the fight as it gets closer to the date but when they originally announced this, I just saw it as TopRank being greedy and milking in house "talent" as much as possible.

I've been wondering how a Paul Williams vs Pac Man fight would pan out. Paul is way too damn tall at 6'2 but watching Pac go after the "most avoided" boxer out right now would be sick.

Deleted double post my b.

Since I can't delete altogether...here:

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    that happens to me when i eat a lot of NERDS candy.

• Yeah, it certainly seems like a Top Rank affair, but think about it, who would draw more? Paul Williams? Martinez? Bradley?
    Margarito is the best money option, except for Money himself, who is not fighting Pacman plain and simple.
    This fight miiiight be tough for Pacman because of the volume of punches and the arm reach. If Margarito keeps pacman at the end of the jab and just keeps throwing, it might be tough. Pacman is not a Tyson type, where he bobs and weaves inside and then does damage. Hes still 'jump in, jump out" type of guy. Anyways, Im kinda excited.

StoneHands said:
    Yeah, it certainly seems like a Top Rank affair, but think about it, who would draw more? Paul Williams? Martinez? Bradley?
    Margarito is the best money option, except for Money himself, who is not fighting Pacman plain and simple.
    This fight miiiight be tough for Pacman because of the volume of punches and the arm reach. If Margarito keeps pacman at the end of the jab and just keeps throwing, it might be tough. Pacman is not a Tyson type, where he bobs and weaves inside and then does damage. Hes still 'jump in, jump out" type of guy. Anyways, Im kinda excited.

The reason I keep watching these damn fights (and I'm sure TopRank is aware) is that I have this nagging feeling that "at some point, going up in weight is going to catch up to him" even if it's against a much less skilled fighter.

I can't wait to witness the discerning eye of Freddie Roach as they wrap Ant's hands. Matter of fact, they need to have a Freddie Roach cam that follows Freddy following Margarito's team. Margarito's camp is going to turn the lights on in their dressing room and Freddy will be posted up in a tent with a self made plaster detector and a magnifying glass.

It was nice to see Margarito's camp make light of the situation on 24/7 though...at least he doesn't deny that it even happened....although he does deny having the common sense to be fully aware of the suspect wraps.