whatup strut

coldgritzcoldgritz 71 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
long time lurker, first time poster.

first off, props to the strut, mad knowledge of music on this site, big ups to all for schooling me on tons of shit i never knew about. been djing/digging for about 8yrs, though guess i would consider myself a "little dude" compared to some of you on here (i never dropped more than $90 on a record--and yeah it had a break on it...). always enjoy the exposure to new music you all are putting out there, especially through the mixes posted.

most of you seems pretty cool and generally receptive to new people, but a handful of posters seem like a bunch of dbags who just post here to piss people off--but for those who keep it about the music, respect and thanks for all the dope new stuff i'd never heard!
hopefully i can make worthwhile contributions to discussions on here.

peace

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey dude, welcome.

• hi.

what was the $90 record you got?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    welcome man....

dont ever refer to the beatles "butcher cover" as the baby cover though (even if by mistake)...um still feeling the pains from that one..just saying...lol

welcome!

• hi.

what was the $90 record you got?

harlem underground. prob over paid for it anyway, but i had been on the hunt for it and finally gave in

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Welcome aboard, dude. Try to avoid the rap and race threads. And the politics threads.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    coldgritz said:
    but a handful of posters seem like a bunch of dbags who just post here to piss people off
    NAME NAMES

• NAME NAMES

hahaha nah i've been lurking here long enough to know that's not a good way to introduce myself. some of you cats are voracious in your attacks on new people or those who like the 90s raps. but i'm sure i'll get fed up at some point (now that i post here) and respond to one of the few who rub me the wrong way (nh)

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Welcome aboard the SS Raer. Once this vessel sets sail there's no getting off.

• Breez said:
    Welcome aboard the SS Raer. Once this vessel sets sail there's no getting off.

speaking of which, was just listening to that "Set Sail" mix on here. FIRE!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Welcome aboard sucka. Avoiding race and politic threads is good advice.
    Buckle up your chinstrap, things could get bumpy.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    this little dude is already asshurt from his very first post

that has to be a new strut record

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Double. MODS OPEN UP DELETING POSTS PLAESE! KTHXBAI!

Soulhawk said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    NOT COOL OR GENERALLY RECEPTIVE TO NEW PEOPLE; DBAGGY

• this little dude is already asshurt from his very first post

nah dude just callin it as i see it. nice try on startin some shit already though.

peace to those giving the warm welcomes

coldgritz said:
    NAME NAMES

hahaha nah i've been lurking here long enough to know that's not a good way to introduce myself. some of you cats are voracious in your attacks on new people or those who like the 90s raps.
    I think that narrows it down sufficiently.

• I think that narrows it down sufficiently.

just callin it as i see it

DB_Cooper said:
    Soulhawk said:

this is the whole reason the strut has fallen off son, these Timmy Digalots need to be hazed, if they can deal, fine.

if not?

• this is the whole reason the strut has fallen off son, these Timmy Digalots need to be hazed, if they can deal, fine.

if not?

thebreaks

i started posting here because there is tons of knowledge being dropped about good music in general. could give two shits about the attempts at calling people out for not being a big dog in the record game. everyone starts somewhere and i appreciate the exposure to tons of shit i never heard of. haze on doggy

Soulhawk said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Soulhawk said:

this is the whole reason the strut has fallen off son, these Timmy Digalots need to be hazed, if they can deal, fine.

if not?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    MAD AT BRAEKZ, 90S HIP HOP, GENERAL DIGALOTTERY

DB_Cooper said:
    DIGALOTTERY

is that like Powerball???

not sure we have that in my state

• FIRST POST FIVE PAGER!

LETS DO THIS BOSS

coldgritz said:

But right off the bat you're pigeonholing yourself as a Golden-Era revivalist/re-enactor, and bedroom breaks dude. Not cool to be.

Reynaldo said:
    Golden-Era revivalist/re-enactor

• Reynaldo said:
    coldgritz said:

But right off the bat you're pigeonholing yourself as a Golden-Era revivalist/re-enactor, and bedroom breaks dude. Not cool to be.

Coldgritz, how often do you wear your "J Dilla Saved My Life" shirt?

• But right off the bat you're pigeonholing yourself as a Golden-Era revivalist/re-enactor, and bedroom breaks dude. Not cool to be.

nah dude, i like a grip of shit, including (but not limited to) golden-era raps. just saying it seems to be a sore topic around here and dudes get hated on for even mentioning it. anyway there are countless threads on this forum about it so if i wanted to express love for the old raps i'd bump one of those and post it. ya'll are the ones turning this into another one of those threads. i just came here to introduce myself as a new member of the strut community.

• Coldgritz, how often do you wear your "J Dilla Saved My Life" shirt?

exhibit B

i don't even like dilla. i respect his contribution but would not consider myself a fan of his

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    you don't even like this dilla joint?

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    coldgritz said:

• coldgritz said:

i don't even like dilla.