I want to be mentored by Spelunk

InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Seriously every time he puts up a new sale my record diggin' weiner shrinks.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Seriously. No fluff with that dude. Props over here.

• record diggin' weiner shrinks
    3x's fast = impossible to say

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    InnerSpace said:
    record diggin' weiner shrinks.

no fluff

Lotta AYO going on in this thread.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    how hard to find is that "peoples people" record? never seen it before but sounds pretty cool. shame the condition is weak on this one..

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    inVrs said:
    how hard to find is that "peoples people" record? never seen it before but sounds pretty cool. shame the condition is weak on this one..

it's pretty rare, although it's popped up a few times this past year. i was told it was pressed in a run of maybe a few hundred.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I respect his grind. He always has records for sale I want but can't afford. One of these days though.......

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    maru said:
    inVrs said:

it's pretty rare, although it's popped up a few times this past year. i was told it was pressed in a run of maybe a few hundred.

I'm lucky enough to have a NM copy of this. It's easily my favorite Bay Area jazz record.

Hand-made cover (each one varies slightly in color and layout), great message/notes on the back, stellar/epic tunes. I would be surprised if there were more than 250 of this pressed.

b/w

Br*nd*n nabbed some of my french fries when I wasn't looking while dining at Fran's in Austin. SPELUNKED

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Dan's > Fran's.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Dan's > Fran's.

Speaking of eats in Austin the biggest disappointment of the weekend was finding out that Hoover's no longer serves their smoked Boudin.......best meal of the weekend was the Espaditas and Shrimp la Plancha at Polvo's on 1st St.

And Spelunk is a digger's digger......takes a day off to lounge by the lake and still outdigs the average man.

Rockadelic said:

And Spelunk is a digger's digger......takes a day off to lounge by the lake and still outdigs the average man.

Worth it:

Plus, the ladies were fly:

This water moccasin got too damn close

Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Dan's > Fran's.

Speaking of eats in Austin the biggest disappointment of the weekend was finding out that Hoover's no longer serves their smoked Boudin.......best meal of the weekend was the Espaditas and Shrimp la Plancha at Polvo's on 1st St.

I was hooked on Polvo's for about 6 months last year. If the pickled carrots and chiles at the salsa bar didn't do it, the chicken mole enchiladas drove it home.

Polvo's is a bit of a trendy spot though, and after having my sister order seafood enchiladas and finding them stuffed with those puny frozen skrimps instead of the juicy fat Gulf brown shrimp realness...I've taken my business down the street to La Reyna.

At Hoover's, I've never had the boudin, guess now I never will...but when I used to be hooked on that place, it was either fried catfish or jerk chicken, always followed with mango cobbler.

I get bored with Austin at large quite often, but I never tire of the eating options here, that's for sure.

Hell yeah, y'all went to Hamilton Pool...very smart, and not all that far from where I was picking flowers in Marble Falls.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    musica said:
    maru said:
    inVrs said:

I'm lucky enough to have a NM copy of this. It's easily my favorite Bay Area jazz record.

Hand-made cover (each one varies slightly in color and layout), great message/notes on the back, stellar/epic tunes. I would be surprised if there were more than 250 of this pressed.

b/w

Br*nd*n nabbed some of my french fries when I wasn't looking while dining at Fran's in Austin. SPELUNKED

There`s only one popsike auction, VG+ for 280$, is that about right?
    Dont really want to spent more money on a weak copy, but if 280 was a steal then i might go for it.
    The clips sound really nice.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Dan's > Fran's.

I was hooked on Polvo's for about 6 months last year. If the pickled carrots and chiles at the salsa bar didn't do it, the chicken mole enchiladas drove it home.

Polvo's is a bit of a trendy spot though, and after having my sister order seafood enchiladas and finding them stuffed with those puny frozen skrimps instead of the juicy fat Gulf brown shrimp realness...I've taken my business down the street to La Reyna.

At Hoover's, I've never had the boudin, guess now I never will...but when I used to be hooked on that place, it was either fried catfish or jerk chicken, always followed with mango cobbler.

I get bored with Austin at large quite often, but I never tire of the eating options here, that's for sure.

Problem for us out-of-towners is I can't come down and NOT eat at Hoovers(3 times a year) and then I usually hit a few of the spots I know and trust(Ruby's was added to that list last year). I really need to hit some new places but it's hard to pass up known goodness.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    congrats on the attention that rym is getting

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Soultors for 900+? Spelunked! Props!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Also, an absolute pleasure to deal with when shit goes wrong.

My records got lost in the mail. He fully refunded me and was a proper dude about it.

3 months later the joints were returned to sender. He notified me, I bought them again and we were all happy.

inVrs said:
    musica said:
    maru said:
    inVrs said:

b/w

There`s only one popsike auction, VG+ for 280$, is that about right?
    Dont really want to spent more money on a weak copy, but if 280 was a steal then i might go for it.
    The clips sound really nice.

I paid $330 for a NM copy and was happy to do so. Shit is top tier.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    phatmoneysack said:
    Also, an absolute pleasure to deal with when shit goes wrong.

My records got lost in the mail. He fully refunded me and was a proper dude about it.

3 months later the joints were returned to sender. He notified me, I bought them again and we were all happy.

that's you? I didn't make the soulstrut connection - really glad everything ended up working out, especially since you bought good records. Sometimes you gotta charge it to the game and take the loss, but it's harder to do when the records are ones I really dig.

I appreciate all the support from this board and beyond - plenty more to come over the next few months.