VACATIONING IN LONG BEACH ON 8/20 WHAT'S GOOD?

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
yes, i shall be making plans to be in long beach on the 20th. apparently there's something called "soundwalk" which is some art-fag shit where there's like soundscapes or something in the street for 5 hours. 5 HOURS!!!!!! yeah, so anyways my brother from a different mother ugly #2 is participating as he has currently turned all "artsy" since we moved down here and i love my dude so im going to support him. but i could use some help in the form of PLAESE HANG OUT WITH ME CUZ I CANT BE AROUND ARTSY FOLKS FOR THAT LONG. yeah, so who wants to play with me? yahoo serious? funksnot? can you point out some pho shizzle or some cambodian food jernts? me so hungry

Comments

• yes, i shall be making plans to be in long beach on the 20th. apparently there's something called "soundwalk" which is some art-fag shit where there's like soundscapes or something in the street for 5 hours. 5 HOURS!!!!!!

yeah, so anyways my brother from a different mother ugly #2 is participating as he has currently turned all "artsy" since we moved down here and i love my dude so im going to support him. but i could use some help in the form of PLAESE HANG OUT WITH ME CUZ I CANT BE AROUND ARTSY FOLKS FOR THAT LONG.

yeah, so who wants to play with me? yahoo serious? funksnot? can you point out some pho shizzle or some cambodian food jernts? me so hungry

young einstein...

bagatelle...

• oh yeah. i forgot to mention. im broke so no money for records. but if folkers want to play and keep me company while i bitch and moan about high art or even just point out shit in LB as i have never been to the exotic city by the sea. someone told me id like it cuz it's like how oakland is to SF.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    some art-fag shit

out of curiousity do you attend any art-nip shit ever?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the term "art fag" went out of fashion when the Dead Milkmen stopped touring in 1987. Y'all starting to grate like cheese....

BE EASY AND PLAY SAFE

keep slurs out of the house, plaese

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    its about to jump off

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    no, I really got nothing more to say on this. just trying to put some perspective on whats been said

• i just have one thing to say....

why vacation in long beach when you live in korea town?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I can assure you that "art fag" is still used.

• wow. looks like i offended some art-fags. sorry. plaese to enjoy the box wine and triscuits. i'll be by the keg or stealing the whiskey, if they even have any.

• im not an art fag but the art and wine storage crowd does intrigue me

• im vacationing in long beach cuz my hammie ugly #2 is participating in something called soundwalk. i have no idea what that is but im hoping that itll be more like an oakland art thing and less like some santa monica art gallery thing. plus the art around koreatown is less "legitimate" in the eyes of the art world. believe me, id rather stay in koreatown but ive never been to long beach and am hoping to catch the sites and do the tourest thing like eat good banh mi.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    looks like i offended some art-fags. sorry. plaese to enjoy the box wine and triscuits.

• im not an art fag but the art and wine storage crowd does intrigue me

it does not in any way intrigue me. but if you got time to hang out and know a thing or two about a thing or two, im down. just dont bring along the gimp as i have been instructed to "keep it real" which means i cant just suck it up and be nice for an hour or so. i have to bust my "bitch moves" or suffer the wrath of a half wit. in any case im sure the dude will claim he was high or drunk or tired or cranky or malnourished or the sun was setting or the sky was blue when he posted that.

toddle loo and congrats on the impending birth.

• gnarls.

long beach is not ( as you would say ).... it's

but with that being said if you do not like the bergamont station crowd you will not like the longbeach thing either.

what you need is chinatown ( and that aint no play on your ethnicity ).

that is the shit right there.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    CHUNGKING ROAD OWNZ YOU ALL

• the waif jew supermodel is my friend but if you are not down that is fine.

to each his own.

no

• no one's saying anything is gay. i would not disrespect the family by insinuating a connection between hi-brows and my peoples.

in any case, chinatown is just ok. alhambra is where it's at for the hakka sheeeit and ive heard long beach is the joint for the SE asian jammies. that is what i seek, along with supporting my dude.

• CHUNGKING ROAD OWNZ YOU ALL

INTRA R.I.P.

• no one's saying anything is gay. i would not disrespect the family by insinuating a connection between hi-brows and my peoples.

in any case, chinatown is just ok. alhambra is where it's at for the hakka sheeeit and ive heard long beach is the joint for the SE asian jammies. that is what i seek, along with supporting my dude.

my homeboy T.Sherman lives in Alhambra. It's the shit.

• WHOOPS

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont like football

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I don't like sexist homophobes who make indirect statements about me. You got a problem, you state it. You don't got a problem, then don't make one

• chung king road was pretty good a few years ago. now i go there walk through the galleries in 5 minutes and bounce right back out. hate to hijack, but i would say i'm an art-fag/nip (though i sleep with women (when i can) and am white) i like high art. but i've been so disappointed with what has been coming out of the "art scene" lately. i mean i go to a lot of galleries and just feel nothing has really blown me away the last five years or so.

• wow, i missed this (never even heard about it) last year, but that shit looks pretty crazy. the artists i recognize are either because they've got a big rep as being good, or they are local la nut job "artists". i have pretty low tolerance for most of this shit cuz usually its some acid casualty with a laptop and a korg chaos pad and some shitbrained "concept" that is neither interesting nor original, so i tend not to seek it out, but this may actually be fun. there is no shortage of good stuff to do in the lbc. i only know one bomb pho? spot in town, most of the cambodian spots are kinda thai/cambodian to hedge their bet but its good (besides, as near as i can tell, pretty much the same food, the thais just get down with the spice thing more). molaa (latin american art) is right near all this, not exactly an escape from art, but a different flavor. they're doing a big remodel, but pretty sure they are still open. lemme find out if i am supposed to be anywhere that saturday.

• think yer supposed to be smoking a fat joint getting spaced out by some hippy acid casualty.

• ha ha! naw, im a closet art-fag. i just dont like the culture that surrounds art. you know, rich folks talking about shit they have limited knowledge of because they think it makes them sound cool. its like reading a guzzo post.

"buddy pass" were gonna fag out this weekend, right? with our high art.

oh, and chung king road? is that that street in chinatown that was all cool for a minute there? not sure if ive ever been.

anyways, rain check on that "art gallery" in la puente dude.

• acid casualty with a laptop and a korg chaos pad and some shitbrained "concept" that is neither interesting nor original

you just described my dude. well, honestly, i find his stuff interesting and original but im biased cuz if someone i didnt know did that mess id be all like .

• ha ha! naw, im a closet art-fag. i just dont like the culture that surrounds art. you know, rich folks talking about shit they have limited knowledge of because they think it makes them sound cool. its like reading a guzzo post.

"buddy pass" were gonna fag out this weekend, right? with our high art.

oh, and chung king road? is that that street in chinatown that was all cool for a minute there? not sure if ive ever been.

anyways, rain check on that "art gallery" in la puente dude.

is this buddy pass thing some kind of high joke thing? are you a joke-***? cuz i'm not getting it?

chung king road was cool in that don't comb your $100 haircut, and non matching tight clothes kind of way. (i still went)

• i dont get the "buddy pass" thing either. im just trying to fit in.

and yes, i am a joke-*** and appreciate a *** joke here and there as long as its in jest.

• well, i dont think greg egg is gonna blow your mind at this sound walk thing. maybe flood will tickle your cranium a little. they're cool.

artisdead.