Playbutton

2»

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    tabira said:

Struggling ........ helps weed out the weak and uncommitted ones.
    You're probably insulting 25% of the artists in your own collection who bombed after their first or second release.
    That's why I collect records and not artist friends; records don't get insulted when I happen to not like them.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    OK, one of my boys who runs a label enquired about costs, minimum orders, etc.

Ballpark is around $10 per unit with a minimum order of 500. My boy reckons that, for that sort of price, "you could get gatefold, heavy vinyl AND CDs made and have change left over". Unless they drop their price and/or their minimum order requirements, he plans to stay being an "old media dude".

Looks like the industry isn't saved just yet.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    tabira said:

Struggling ........ helps weed out the weak and uncommitted ones.
    You're probably insulting 25% of the artists in your own collection who bombed after their first or second release.
    That's why I collect records and not artist friends; records don't get insulted when I happen to not like them.
    if you don't like them what are they doing in your collection? Anyway, whatever...

I'm guessing you must have some rare one offs - tough authentic Latin sides - in your collection? Some of the toughest and most uncompromising music that I've ever heard was on one off releases that bombed. If the musicians involved were weak and uncommitted it hardly came across in their music. They went back to the day job whilst diggers the planet over continue to seek them out.