Ebay misspelling = my happiness

InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Anyone else have these kind of finds on ebay?

Comments

• On 2 occaisions I have taken a chance on the sellers grades being typos...scored a Yvonne Fair " say yeah yeah" for the opening bid of $10...the grade said G+, but the pic looked clean...I recieved a very very clean record, I'm guessing dude left off the "V"...happened again on a Lee Moses 45, which I scooped for $1...this time grade said G-, but I was thinking he left off the "V" and took a chance again, got a solid VG-, but was cool with that because VG- musicors play great.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I used to score pretty well from a Brasilian seller who, for some reason, would always put 'physic' instead of 'psych' in his listings headers.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    sealed He's Coming by "Roy Ayres" for 35$

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    never gloat until the record is in your hands

• selperfuge said:
    never gloat until the record is in your hands

Not gloating, just happy about it.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I scored a good few library heaters some years back by searching on LIBERY, LIBRERY and LIBARY

After a while started messaging the dudes to put 'em straight.

A softbatch move maybe, but you've got to have a heart.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    skel said:
    I scored a good few library heaters some years back by searching on LIBERY, LIBRERY and LIBARY

After a while started messaging the dudes to put 'em straight.

A softbatch move maybe, but you've got to have a heart.

• I got a copy of John Minnis "Big Bone Band" for $1 because i misspelled it as Minis and so did the seller.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Several, too many to name. The main one that comes to mind is a mint original Eugene McDaniels "Headless Heroes.." for $9.99. Dude spelled his name all kinds of wrong.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    Lyman Woodward happens pretty often...

Marvin HOMES - honor thy father - $50 BIN

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Joe Baatan
    Mono Santa Maria

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    Breez said:
    Several, too many to name. The main one that comes to mind is a mint original Eugene McDaniels "Headless Heroes.." for $9.99. Dude spelled his name all kinds of wrong.

damn! want that one

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I've only caught a few deals from sellers spelling the titles wrong but have caught the MOST deals by finding records listed in the wrong category.

• Reynaldo said:

Mono Santa Maria

Got that. Let me know if you find a Stereo, though.