big stacks

jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
i have been on this bitch for years now but hardly post. just wanted to say that big stacks is the dude and i always enjoy his contribution to threads. same with breez. HI!

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Jammy,

Thanks mane, I truly appreciate your kind words. I enjoy being a part of Soulstrut and interacting with our motley cast of characters. So, why do you post so infrequently? Let us hear from you, holmes. And, oh yeah, sign me up for the Breez fan club as well. Dude is dude!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Stacks is the man. All-around righteous dude, serious musical knowledge, serious records.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    'Stacks & Jammy, thanks for acknowledgment. I laugh & learn a lot from this board. And just try to put my 2 cents in whenever fit.

• the man has great taste in music.

plus didn't he coin the expression "blaptism"?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    the man has great taste in music.

plus didn't he coin the expression "blaptism"?

Thanks Crabmongerfunk and F16 (and L***y, your kind words equally describe you, bro)!!! No, I didn't coin the phrase "blaptism." I just tell related stories from my batchelor days.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I play big stack's mixes almost weekly.
    Big Stacks for President

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Word peace to Stacks and Breez...I am kinda tripping that Stacks was here in Akron while in Grad School, and here I am in Akron at the same time buying records etc and I never ran into dude WTF?

sweatshop said:
    Word peace to Stacks and Breez...I am kinda tripping that Stacks was here in Akron while in Grad School, and here I am in Akron at the same time buying records etc and I never ran into dude WTF?

Hey,

Thanks for the love, Grandfather!!! I'm glad that you enjoy the mixes. Sweatshop, I was in Akron from '93 to '99, before I joined the 'Strut in 2003. So, who knows, we may have crossed paths and didn't know it. I appreciate your kind words, man.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    sweatshop said:

Hey,

Thanks for the love, Grandfather!!! I'm glad that you enjoy the mixes. Sweatshop, I was in Akron from '93 to '99, before I joined the 'Strut in 2003. So, who knows, we may have crossed paths and didn't know it. I appreciate your kind words, man.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Word I moved to Akron in 2001 when I got married. We still might have crossed paths since my wife lived here and I visited often..goes to show you never know who might have crossed your path.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    Stacks is the man. All-around righteous dude, serious musical knowledge, serious records.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Totally cosine on this.

Peace

MoogMan said:
    funky16corners said:
    Stacks is the man. All-around righteous dude, serious musical knowledge, serious records.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Totally cosine on this.

Peace

Thanks MoogMan, I appreciate the love man!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Still waiting on that "California Soul" beat chop contest thread... or am I late?

Raystar said:
    Still waiting on that "California Soul" beat chop contest thread... or am I late?

Hey Ray,

You know I'm down, man!!! I love the 'Strut beat challenges. We need to bring those back!!! My only comment is that "Califormia Soul" is too obviously dope. We should up the degree of difficulty by requiring cats to flip something from a wack record.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    You're the Boss...

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    sounds like fun!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Did Paychecks audio ever surface?

grown man wisdom nuggets.

we wait, we wait...

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Raystar said:

Hey Ray,

You know I'm down, man!!! I love the 'Strut beat challenges. We need to bring those back!!! My only comment is that "Califormia Soul" is too obviously dope. We should up the degree of difficulty by requiring cats to flip something from a wack record.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I want a piece of this. Decide on a turd and let the games begin!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    Did Paychecks audio ever surface?

grown man wisdom nuggets.

we wait, we wait...

i would watch a grown folks talkin and listenin youtube weekly
    big stacks putting down his management theory book and courvoissier to tell us about love and spin some records

• SiskinSiskin 10 Posts
    Sign me up to the fan club please. Always informative and entertaining.

Plus, I'd like to add that the humour, knowledge and most of all the intelligent style of posting on this board is unrivalled.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Infinite stacks, infinite wisdom.

Thanks, NZ Shadow, Pcmr, Stratasphere, and Siskin. I appreciate your kind words. The sentiments are mutual.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak