Peep this

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
I was working at someone's house today and they gave me 500 records that they were gonna put out on trash day. Here are a couple I pulled so far

Comments

• Can't wait to find out what they are!

• I'm having trouble uploading photos but

Diamond D - Stunts, Blunts,and Hiphop Lp never played
    Foundation 7 - Love Ain't Like This / Compredator
    Concrete Click - Keep It Street / Naive To The Fact (2 copies)
    Publik Anounsa - Comin' From Crooklyn Jointz
    Diamond D - Best Kept Secert
    Ill Biskits - God Bless Your Life / 22 Years
    Finsta And Bundy* - Sunnyside / Spirit Of The Boogie
    Gang Starr - Gotta Get Over test press
    etc.

everything I mentioned is pretty clean with OG sleeves

today was a good day

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    congrats dude.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Nice! Were that some parents that decided to put their sons records with the trash? Can;t believe you'd be chucking them away yourself.
    Congrats!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Damn, good finds!! Was it all Hip-Hop??

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i could use a 2nd copy of publik anounsa ;)

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    kicks79 said:
    congrats dude.

• leon said:
    Nice! Were that some parents that decided to put their sons records with the trash? Can;t believe you'd be chucking them away yourself.
    Congrats!

I work for the Cable company in Providence so my buddy that works with me told me some customer was throwing out like 500 records and so i swung by and the guy told me either i take them or the trash man will. It must have been his collection, he was only i'd say mid 30's. Also tons of other indy hip hop 93-95, Marley Marl Scratch, and 80's electro rap. All the stuff i listed is is vg +, the major problem is dope stuff like T La Rock with pic covers and what not were warpped as hell.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    ha i knew that utility workers keep an eye open for stuff. there's this one guy who has to go down into my basement to check my gas meter. the first time he came through he complimented my record shelving. nice guy and all but

• selperfuge said:
    ha i knew that utility workers keep an eye open for stuff. there's this one guy who has to go down into my basement to check my gas meter. the first time he came through he complimented my record shelving. nice guy and all but

nice, this is not the first time this has happened to me, about five years ago while working in this ladies basement she was telling me she had to throw her ex husbands records away. I told her i would take them, alot of stuff on Pop-Art label like NYC CUtter, etc. and NIA label, Kurtis Blow - The Breaks picture cover. I had another guy give me a box of lp's years back also, first three Funkadelic albums, Rubber Band - Jimi Hendrix Song Book, etc.

My job pays in good ways

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    god damn what a find...wicked score, i could use some good luck like that!